News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: securing a C5  (Read 2815 times)

Offline moggieman

• Battery level: 0
securing a C5
« on: 30, April, 2010 - 13:24:27 »
I've searched through older threads and found a mention of the C5 security leaflet which suggests chaining a C5 up. Where should a lock chain go on a C5, and are there any other suggestions for keeping it safe? I'm particularly thinking of when it's out & about, not at home. 

Offline mike7201

• Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
Re: securing a C5
« Reply #1 on: 30, April, 2010 - 14:28:55 »
Hi mate, there seems to be a really good example here - http://www.sinclairc5.com/misc_docs/security_leaflet.htm

Hope this helps.  I also hope the owner of the site doesn't mind me sharing it?

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 30, April, 2010 - 14:59:20 »
Kurt has a security cable looped through the chassis on his, if you email him he might be able to post you a picture of it.

Benniz

« Reply #3 on: 30, April, 2010 - 15:37:10 »
Another excellent security addition when leaving your pride and joy unattended is a fob bicycle alarm, very similar to a car alarm the slightest movement will set it off and they are around #10 on ebay i have one and there great, but also chain your c5 too!

Offline moggieman

« Reply #4 on: 30, April, 2010 - 22:14:14 »
Thanks guys. I obviously haven't studied my wheel trims hard enough - didn't realise there was space to thread a cable through the holes. The movement sensor sounds good but I'd prefer something a bit more visual.

Offline techytype

« Reply #5 on: 02, May, 2010 - 16:27:35 »
Kurt has a security cable looped through the chassis on his, if you email him he might be able to post you a picture of it.

it's actually attached to his wallet (which he uses as an anchor ;) )

regs
Alan