News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: My most recent acquisition  (Read 6051 times)

Karl

My most recent acquisition
« on: 21, August, 2010 - 16:06:15 »
Just picked up another addition to my c5 stable  8) ;

I responded to an advert in a local "freebie" and was most surprised to find it was still in its box  with the original invoice and paperwork intact :)

Sadly the box was in a poor state, having suffered a bit of damp and the attention of some rodents  :o  However, although a bit grubby , the c5 within was in excellent condition and included some unexpected extras ; hi vis masts, mirrors,horn kit , tonneau cover and side panels plus the owners pack and the nicest surprise of all -  its a factory fitted twin battery model with all its keys still in situ.

I've thrown the box away, but (as with "Virgin") saved the internal packaging. I intend to clean this up and use it for display use. Since I've no space or "need" for two unused c5's this means "Virgin" is now up for grabs and advertised in the shop side of the site and in the Market Place section of the forum 8) 
http://c5alive.co.uk/ecommerce/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=224&osCsid=8e89e1cfd3a6ed80c8a1048ba477925e
« Last Edit: 21, August, 2010 - 16:10:56 by BooBoo »

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: My most recent acquisition
« Reply #1 on: 21, August, 2010 - 22:19:39 »
Great find Karl - they keep on turning up !!!! :)

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 21, August, 2010 - 22:31:25 »
Really pleased with this one - shame it means that my other c5 "Virgin" has to go though. Although I've priced it close to the value of the unused one that sold on Ebay recently, I am open to reasonable offers  ;)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #3 on: 22, August, 2010 - 21:39:38 »
You got a nice one Karl if you don't mind me saying mate  ;D I'm guessing you don't want to let on what you paid for it ?

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 23, August, 2010 - 13:25:37 »
.... I'm guessing you don't want to let on what you paid for it ?

Retro Andy.

More than I wanted too, but less than I expected  :-*

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 05, September, 2010 - 20:51:14 »
I finally got round to sorting out my latest purchase...bit of a mixed bag !

Most disappointing is that it won't power up  :( , but the good news is that the pod tested ok (tried it out on "half-pint") so I'll start on the control box next.

In the meantime I gave it a good scrub with some soapy water and was pleased with the results ;

I decided to change the inner tubes, grease the front and rear wheel bearings and replace the missing chassis bolts !!

...it was also missing the shims from the drivewheel !

So whoever was the "quality assurance" tester was obviously having a tea break when this one went through the production line  ::);

Even though it is "box fresh" , due to the water damage caused by poor storage;

.... my first plan was to keep it as an unused display model (to replace "Virgin" )  - but Angie has her eye on it so instead I'm thinking about putting this one into service. It's what it was built for after all - to be used and enjoyed.
« Last Edit: 05, September, 2010 - 20:53:00 by BooBoo »

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #6 on: 06, September, 2010 - 08:17:38 »
If it is the control box bring it along to Brooklands and I'll have a look.

Regards Radiomarty

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 06, September, 2010 - 08:24:28 »
If it is the control box bring it along to Brooklands and I'll have a look.

Regards Radiomarty

Cheers mate  :).

Offline POZE

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #8 on: 12, February, 2011 - 20:44:06 »
Hello
I see on the paperwork it was supplied by Turbinecharm Ltd, Liverpool.
If you see my posting from a while back, where i posted a odd brochure for 'Space Rider' labeled C5s (for use on holiday sites abroad), this brochure was supplied and stamped by Turbinecharm Ltd.
Just an interesting thing to see that your regular model was the same supplier as these Space Rider ones...! Cheers,

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 12, February, 2011 - 20:50:48 »
I'm wondering who assembled these ones ,because it was very poorly done. I'll be taking the body off this one to properly grease all the headstock and steering bearings. The front forks are not on very tight at all which is a surprise since its never been used, so stripping it down and rebuilding it again makes perfect sense if only to be sure it's safe !

I'd advise anyone buying a "new" boxed example to give it a thorough check before taking it on the road, as you see from my earlier posting this one was even missing vital chassis bolts - and I was the one who removed it from the box

Offline Pyrasanth

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #10 on: 13, February, 2011 - 11:45:06 »
That one was definatly build on a Friday afternoon Karl, prob the same bloke that put mine together without the washers  :D. Two Years ago I had a Friday afternoon car delivered to me from the lease company all looked good until I went out the realised that people were flashing me because my brake lights were not working. The gits had left out the brake switch behind the foot pedal hmm makes you think sometimes lol

Cheers
Gary.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #11 on: 14, February, 2011 - 09:13:44 »
That had a good P.D.I  :-\ You expected a friday afternoon car twenty five or more years ago, because back then you finished early on a friday all you could think about is picking up you weeks wages and getting to the pub  ;D

Retro Andy.
« Last Edit: 27, March, 2011 - 09:41:36 by Retro Andy »

Karl

« Reply #12 on: 26, March, 2011 - 22:03:57 »
I've now got this c5 up and running , I tried using the original keyswitch assembly but it wouldn't power up;

...it is a twin battery model hence the additional wiring crammed into the control box. Once I removed all the Sinclair keyswitch wiring & fitted a c5alive kit it powered up and ran beautifully. Angie is so impressed with it she has claimed it as hers and will be using it on the Crawley run - the first time, since it was built all those years ago, that this c5 has ever been used  8)   So far it has had new tubes fitted but we're going to run with the original tyres as they seem to be in really good condition. The forks aren't as bad as first thought, a bit more play than I would like but safe enough to use, I'll sort them when I remove the bodyshell to spray the chassis later in the year.