News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: Pre-orders  (Read 21213 times)

Nitrowing

Re: Pre-orders
« Reply #15 on: 16, June, 2011 - 12:25:09 »
Anyone heard from the sales team yet? I tried emailing them but have still had no response :(

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #16 on: 16, June, 2011 - 18:10:19 »
I have tried emailing them to get someone to ring me in relation in getting one on order but still waiting......................

Lance

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #17 on: 16, June, 2011 - 22:16:49 »
You know what happend to the C5 .....

Offline Lancealot

« Reply #18 on: 17, June, 2011 - 07:54:33 »
Yep, us lot refurbing them...................................

Lance

copendriver

« Reply #19 on: 22, July, 2011 - 05:05:11 »
I  too have e-mailed the sales team to ask if a deposit was placed now in July, what would be the projected ETA on delivery. Given that July's shipments seem to be faced with a delay & you guessed it. No response, it doesn't look great does it. However fingers crossed for the X1.

Neil

ScubaChris

« Reply #20 on: 22, July, 2011 - 17:22:29 »
It's infuriating that they can get the marketing so badly wrong time and time again.  >:(

C.

Offline Lancealot

« Reply #21 on: 23, July, 2011 - 07:09:07 »
They seem to have fallen off the planet as still no reply...

I am glad I am not one who has given a deposit......

Lance

jonb

« Reply #22 on: 03, August, 2011 - 15:25:15 »
Looking at your replies, it looks like Uncle Clive is doing his usual mail order thing - announcing and marketing a product before all the R&D is complete. It's exactly what they did with the QL.

Now, for this new X-1 to be classified in such a way as to allow anyone over the age of 14 with no license / insurance to legally ride it on the streets, it must be limited to 15 mph as the C5 is. That is a great shame, because with the aerodynamic bodywork and modern battery / motor design it does stand a chance of being an interesting alternative for short journeys. However, I am not sure I want to tootle around town at 15mph; it was bad enough when I used the C5 for serious transport..

So, what we need is some way of delimiting it post-purchase. I once saw a video of a 24v C5 conversion that really screamed along (I bet the motor didn't last long!) and, knowing what I know about how the C5 handles at speed ("twitchy" is the right word) I wouldn't recommend it. But the X-1 may be rigid enough to handle the additional speed, and the disk brakes have a chance of slowing it down in a timely fashion.

Interesting thought eh?

Christian

« Reply #23 on: 03, August, 2011 - 22:13:48 »
Don't get me wrong - but I'd rather be concerned about having one instead of tuning it up prior to that.

IMHO Sinclair raises "disregard" to new level, which doesn't make me believe that the X-1 will reach any state beyond vaporware.

Christian

jonb

« Reply #24 on: 04, August, 2011 - 08:47:33 »
Fair point, Christian.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still glad that Uncle Clive is still persisting with this idea, though. It's just that creating a modern version of a commercially unsuccessful product doesn't seem too clever to me. I mean, sure, we all love our C5s, right? But how many of us use them as daily transport? I bet they only get taken out for short leisure runs. X-1 could be different, if only it could keep up with city traffic (oh, and we don't know about range either!). Yes, Sinclair are trying to produce something that fits in the current legal framework for non licensed drivers, but this is definitely not going to work. Most people that can afford one will have a driving license, and I for one would certainly not give one to a 14 year old child...

Still... fingers crossed... :)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #25 on: 11, October, 2011 - 18:40:48 »
I have sent the Sinclair Research people another e-mail, almost twevle months on from the first, but still I haven't had a reply, pretty poor customer service  :-[

Retro Andy.

Offline dantheref

• Battery level: 1
  • I used to be indecisive, but now im not so sure
« Reply #26 on: 03, January, 2014 - 16:18:49 »
What happened to peoples deposits here?

Offline dansretropod

• Battery level: 3
  • The C5 was born to be customised... 3D style
    • www.c5owners.com
« Reply #27 on: 03, January, 2014 - 17:46:57 »
What happened to peoples deposits here?

They have in all likelihood lost them :o I know we all love C5's and think Sir Clive is a genius but this sort of thing, taking deposits for something that doesn't exist and/or isn't likely to be released sucks ;D I feel an email to watchdog coming on....

Offline mike7201

• Battery level: 0
    • Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
« Reply #28 on: 07, January, 2014 - 22:21:55 »
You can't really write to Watchdog if people haven't actually lost any money.  As far as I can see, no money has changed hands.  Just a case of people having expressed a wish to purchase, and are awaiting Sinclair Research to get in contact with them.  But, it doesn't appear to happen.  So, whilst it's disappointing that comms are poor, I don't think anyone has lost anything through it.