News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Getting to the Zutphen run  (Read 5100 times)

Karl

Getting to the Zutphen run
« on: 25, February, 2011 - 22:07:03 »
Frank is working hard on getting us all a good deal at a local hotel in Zutphen for the c5 run in July;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1569.0

The costs for the hotel will be posted on here later by Frank, but if you are coming along then there is also the journey itself to consider. For my recent (successful) trip to Holland I used the Harwich to Hook of Holland route which was so enjoyable I'll be using it again. A bit pricey compared to the usual Dover to Dunkirk or Calais route, but then it does offer the advantage of an ovenight crossing in a very comfy cabin with all the mod cons (an added bonus is the reduction in fuel you need for your car). This option allows you to sleep on the way over and arrive ready for the drive across to Zutphen. Worth considering;

http://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/routes/harwich-holland/

« Last Edit: 25, February, 2011 - 22:15:28 by BooBoo »

Karl

Re: Getting to the Zutphen run
« Reply #1 on: 26, February, 2011 - 10:12:39 »
Bit of a shock ! Went through the booking process to see how much I need to save up and found the overnight return crossing on the Sunday is already sold out  :o

Even though this run is not until July, it looks as though we need to start booking stuff soon or we will miss out  :-\

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 04, March, 2011 - 17:43:15 »
I will be booking my ferry tickets for this on Wednesday, so I will need to know who is interested in coming along in the c5alive convoy. There is the option of me taking my 4x4 with my trailer and my "bus". The trailer will hold 8 c5's comfortably, although you can squeeze a 9th one in. The bus will hold six adults and luggage with ease, the 4x 4 will seat 5 adults and luggage. I was thinking along the lines of taking 8 c5's and their riders using the two cars and the trailer and then splitting the cost . So far I have confirmed seats for ;
myself
Angie (noonoo)
Jordan (Elmo)
RentboyDave
Steve
ElectricDave

This leaves 2 seats up for grabs , so if you're interested let me know by Wednesday. :)
« Last Edit: 04, March, 2011 - 19:57:46 by BooBoo »

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #3 on: 05, March, 2011 - 19:38:04 »
Karl, i'd be keen for a space in the bus :)

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 06, March, 2011 - 17:50:41 »
Karl, i'd be keen for a space in the bus :)

I'm happy to add you to the list mate, but it will need to be a definate as I'll be paying for the ferry tickets on Wednesday. Drop me an email to confirm and I'll go ahead and book you in if you're still interested  :).

alexbromo

« Reply #5 on: 06, March, 2011 - 18:14:55 »
I envy you a lot for this event !

I would like to participate, but Zutphen is really too far from Italy ...  :'(

Alex Bromo

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 07, March, 2011 - 07:55:27 »
Frank is making some good progress on sorting out the finer details, this is from his recent email ;

..the parking for the c5's and the charging is taken care of. The hotels tennis hall is at our disposal and dry and has enough electricity possibilities to charge them all together. Might be handy if you take an adapter and some 220 volt plug boxes since I expect you all to have english plugs.

He also advises taking some padlocks and a chain or two to secure the c5's together. We're working on the programme of events next so it's all coming together nicely  8).

Frank - could update this with a link to the hotel and costs per night ?

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 09, March, 2011 - 08:47:23 »
I'm holding off booking the ferry today, as a few more options have been suggested.

If anyone else has some good ideas on how to best get two cars, a large trailer and eight people from south east England to Holland please let me know.

At the moment I'm looking at  pricing for the following;

Harwich - Hook of Holland ( bit pricey, no return trip available on the Sunday night)

Dover - Dunkirk ( places filling up fast)

Dover - Calais

Ramsgate - Ostend

Eurotunnel

Ideally I would prefer a longer sea crossing and shorter road route, but beggars can't be choosers - plus the cost is always a consideration.

Offline BrooklandsC5

• Battery level: 2
« Reply #8 on: 12, March, 2011 - 10:39:19 »
Hi Karl

Can you add a VW Transporter Van, 2 people a bike and a C5 to your convoy. Happy to pay up front if you are booking it the Ferry.

Cheers

TonyandMax

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 12, March, 2011 - 13:13:02 »
Hi tony

Good to hear you're coming along mate - we're still working on the best way to get there. The latest idea is to split into two , with my "bus" (driven by Steve) carrying six people going via the EuroTunnel and the 4x4 with the trailer,velongings and 8/9 c5's going via the ferry. This is because the 4x4 is running on LPG and isn't allowed through the tunnel  :(

The ferry crossings are booking up fast so I'll be in touch soon and let you know what we're booking.