News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: Bournemouth - a great place to cruise in your C5  (Read 3225 times)

Offline POZE

• Battery level: 1
Bournemouth - a great place to cruise in your C5
« on: 04, April, 2011 - 22:42:39 »
Hi all
Just thought id post up a quality town for C5s -  Bournemouth.

I went out this past saturday and had an excellent morning with the C5 and my 2 year old sat on my lap. We parked up at Bournemouth pier about 930am and cruised all the way from the pier to a place called Sandbanks, a lovely area. Then came all the way back to the pier and past it to the next Pier, Boscombe Pier.

About 8 miles all in i would guess, couple of hours with a coffee and a stop break/chat to about 30 people etc!

Anyway, i just recomend this as a good place to cruise in your C5 as its all flat, good place to cycle/c5, safe, pose, good views and coffee bars!  Great cruise!
Cheers

Offline peckishere

• Battery level: 3
    • peckishere's Twitter
Re: Bournemouth - a great place to cruise in your C5
« Reply #1 on: 04, April, 2011 - 22:50:16 »
Hi all
Just thought id post up a quality town for C5s -  Bournemouth.

I went out this past saturday and had an excellent morning with the C5 and my 2 year old sat on my lap. We parked up at Bournemouth pier about 930am and cruised all the way from the pier to a place called Sandbanks, a lovely area. Then came all the way back to the pier and past it to the next Pier, Boscombe Pier.

About 8 miles all in i would guess, couple of hours with a coffee and a stop break/chat to about 30 people etc!

Anyway, i just recomend this as a good place to cruise in your C5 as its all flat, good place to cycle/c5, safe, pose, good views and coffee bars!  Great cruise!
Cheers

Hello POZE

Good to hear youve found a good route, perhaps it could be a future event/ run.

Im currently trying to see if hengistbury head would be an ok place to go as they might get a bit funny about a load of C5ers turning up but a perfect place for a run to take place ( nice flat land )

Jonny

« Reply #2 on: 04, April, 2011 - 23:16:44 »
theres a nice 3 mile long cycle path from near my house down to the mcdonalds that i did a few saturdays ago with my friend on bike. c5 is also a good way to get to freinds houses  :) going along a seafront in a c5 sounds great, i'd love to try taking it around worthing maybe. i wanted to take my c5 down to cornwall on holiday but there wouldn't be space in the car!

bournemouth would be a bit of a trek from where i am (reigate) but i may be able to make it down if there was a meeting there. never been to bournemouth so would be nice to check it out

Offline gowrings c5

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #3 on: 24, April, 2011 - 10:45:37 »
i will give this bournemouth route a try. not sure wether to take the cable car or zigzag steps to get her down to the prom  :P

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 24, April, 2011 - 20:03:45 »
We've already had a Bournemouth C5 run, and it was excellent - the sand made the c5's chains and wheel bearings a bit "crunchy" but still a top run  8);

A return visit is long overdue  :)

Offline POZE

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #5 on: 25, April, 2011 - 08:48:45 »
Ah. very good! any video or other images available at all?  always keen to see.

It is a great location for a run, all the way from Hengisbury head to Sanbanks or vice versa is ideal C5 territory! and a nic pub/cafe at either end.

Definetly a location to consider again sometime in the future, but not hot bank holidays, like this past weekend, as it was extremely busy!!

I love going to the beach about 930am and crusing for a a few hours before lunch, really nice chilled time out.   Cheers, Poze

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 25, April, 2011 - 21:53:42 »
........... any video or other images available at all? 

The link to the movie footage is in the C5 publicity section, found in the section called "index to your favourite c5 links";

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

http://current.com/items/88575581/sinclair_c5_coast_run.htm

Worth taking a browse through that part of the forum, you'll find links to a lot of stuff we've been involved with over the years.