News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Steam Clean C5?  (Read 3679 times)

Offline vanpeebles

• Battery level: 1
Steam Clean C5?
« on: 07, April, 2011 - 08:34:59 »
I noticed in one thread someone used a wallpaper steamer to clean a C5, would a Polti steam cleaner be ok? And is it not too hot for the plastic? Cheers! Just after cleaning tips with an ingrained C5.

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: Steam Clean C5?
« Reply #1 on: 07, April, 2011 - 09:07:01 »
Hi there I did use a wallpaper stripper on the C5  as you can see not a bad result ..But it was a lot of hard work ...but had to use other means of cleaning ..
« Last Edit: 07, April, 2011 - 15:10:23 by C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER »

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 07, April, 2011 - 09:53:09 »
Hi there I did use a wallpaper stripper on the C5  as you can see not a bad result ..But it was a lot of hard work ...but had to use other means of cleaing ..

Same here, I also used a wallpaper stripper to attack some stubborn marks on the c5 but also used some bathroom cleaning chemicals as well . Tesco do a nice cheap "cream cleaner" for about 45p a bottle that works quite well  :)

Offline vanpeebles

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #3 on: 07, April, 2011 - 10:51:06 »
I've been using some cream cleaner with a 3M style scotchbrite pad and it's a lot whiter but still looks very grubby in places. I might try the steam clean on the weekend and report back! Actually the steam might shift the spots of paint on it.

Offline Pyrasanth

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #4 on: 07, April, 2011 - 15:02:43 »
Hi,

I was really naughty and took the body off and jetwashed it with my karcher and it came up tumps this is before i put on the electrics and stickers and I would use this method again for sure.

Cheers

Gary  ;D

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #5 on: 08, April, 2011 - 06:37:37 »
I used the pressure washer at work when restoring mine, stripped it all down first, then with various cleaning chemicals scrubbed on it then I pressure washed it, seem to do the job, altough don't do this if you want to keep any of the original stickers, as it got them off easy aswell.

Retro Andy