News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: Who wants to appear on the telly ?  (Read 4218 times)

Karl

Who wants to appear on the telly ?
« on: 15, April, 2011 - 20:42:11 »
I've received the following email ;

"Dear Karl

Apologies for the cold email, but I came across your contact details on the c5alive website and from watching your YouTube videos and wanted to get in touch.

I am working on a brand new Saturday night entertainment programme for BBC1 and we are looking for contestants to take part in the show who have unique and unusual talents/interests, and I thought this might appeal to c5 owners and enthusiasts.

The style of the show shares similarities with You Bet which used to be on ITV in the '90s, as well as a German show called Wetten Dass and an American show called Wanna Bet (for all of which clips can be found on YouTube).

We aim to display and celebrate people's hobbies, talents and skills and we are particularly looking for people who have the ability to demonstrate their skills under the remit of a 'challenge'. Some previous examples include a guy who could tell the artist and album of a CD by licking it with his tongue, someone who completed a Rubik's Cube underwater with one hand, a Smurf figurine collector who could identify any Smurf by its shadow alone, and even a JCB driver that was able to dress and undress someone with the machinery. The tone of the show essentially is 'pointless, but brilliant' challenges.

We are looking for individuals or groups who are able to perform an incredible physical feat, who have a bonkers invention or have a really interesting skill. So I wondered if there are any driving challenges or knowledge challenges that someone from the c5 community would be interested in attempting on the show?

Furthermore, if you know anyone who may be interested in applying for the show in general, please feel free to forward on the details.

The attached flyer contains details of our email address and hotline telephone number to register an interest. I have also attached our application form, which people can fill out and send back to me directly, as a team or as individuals.

Finally, would it be okay if I posted a message about the show on the C5 Alive Forum?

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Many thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anyone want to take this on ? With all the other events I'm involved in I'm a bit stretched at the moment and couldn't give this the time it deserves but if someone else wants to get involved I'll help out as much as I can. It does sound like a lot of fun  8)

Jonny

Re: Who wants to appear on the telly ?
« Reply #1 on: 15, April, 2011 - 21:08:59 »
do you know if there is a minimum age requirement for this?

Offline vanpeebles

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #2 on: 16, April, 2011 - 08:52:01 »
You Bet was a great show, proper Saturday telly not like the pap they put on now.

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 16, April, 2011 - 11:32:30 »
Some more info taken from a second email;

I am happy for the info to go out to as many people as possible, as long as they know we are recording the show in London sometime in the Summer and to contact us for me details. http://miniurl.com/98224 - Google Docs version of flyer

I also watched some of your appearance on 'Old Gold Tech' which was excellent. ]

Seems like a genuine opportunity to take part in some fun filming and a bit of a blank canvas as far as what type of activity to involve the c5 in. Looks as though it is still in the planning process and something we could get involved in, I just need someone willing to "take the reins" so to speak. I'm still tied up with the Zutphen run and all the other stuff we've got planned.  If "c5alive" is to get involved then I could do with a bit of help on this one.

« Last Edit: 16, April, 2011 - 11:58:09 by BooBoo »

uniquetalent

« Reply #4 on: 18, April, 2011 - 17:22:13 »
Hi all

Paul here, Researcher at the BBC working on this new show.

I am glad you like the sound of the show and would like to get involved.

For those that are interested, please email me at paul.bush@bbc.co.uk as soon as poss for an application form.

You can apply as individuals or in a group, and you should fill out an application form with as much detail as possible and with some suggestions for challenges and email back to me.

To answer one of the forum questions, anyone over 18 can freely apply. Anyone between 13 and 18 years of age by 1 June 2011 must be in a team challenge with at least one person over 18 years old.

For a source of inspiration for challenges, it is really good to watch the German TV show Wetten Dass here -  http://www.youtube.com/user/wettendass

Also, on the show we are hoping to involve the world's fastest lawnmower on the show, so the challenge could be a modified C5 like 'Electric Dave's C5' in a race, or another kind of obstacle course with the C5. Does the C5 lend itself well to assault courses on the whole?

This was a good example of a race on Wetten Dass - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ-XSboULiI

Anyway, I hope all this info is useful. Any further questions, please feel free to email me or post a reply on the forum and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers, Paul Bush

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #5 on: 18, April, 2011 - 17:36:00 »
I don't think a C5 would be that good at an assault course, I am interested in being involved maybe in something like this, but I don't want to break my C5 as its over 26 years old now.

Retro Andy.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #6 on: 18, April, 2011 - 18:02:03 »
This has Electric Dave written all over it !!!! :)

Jonny

« Reply #7 on: 18, April, 2011 - 19:01:21 »
maybe some of us could do 'syncronised c5'ing' which would be driving around in a line/snaking doing circles etc?

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 19, April, 2011 - 14:27:35 »
Maybe "coverman" could do his motorsport thing in a c5 ?

There are a few ideas we could develop here , but I am still looking for someone to take the helm on this ...hate to miss such a cool opportunity.

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #9 on: 20, April, 2011 - 10:07:24 »
Well if the production team would provide a large enough flat hard surfaced piece of ground and 80 cones, we could organize an Autosolo for C5s.