News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: In control  (Read 2266 times)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
In control
« on: 20, May, 2011 - 17:07:37 »
Due to the good weather recently I have been able to turn my hand to a bit of control box fixing - just working through a batch of 14 - most show the same faults - others have had the most interesting repairs - all good fun and keeps me out of the pub which keeps her indoors happy :

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: In control
« Reply #1 on: 20, May, 2011 - 20:36:20 »
Any spares I could make good use of them .....Chas

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 20, May, 2011 - 21:30:27 »
Any spares I could make good use of them .....Chas

They're part of my stash of c5's from Rotterdam , I wanted them all sorted for the restoration projects  :)

Keep up the good work Marty, when you've finished I've some more boxes of stuff to keep you busy ( I do love being the slave driver... :D) - don't want you getting bored in your spare time  :P

Seriously though, thanks for your hard work on this  8).

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #3 on: 21, May, 2011 - 09:25:15 »
Very nice batch, any interesting mods done as one of mine that I am about to fix has some additional wires connected. I have found some service paperwork that Adam Harper did on my No.3 C5 that this control unit has come off. I have a spare if cannot work it out.

Lance

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #4 on: 21, May, 2011 - 18:34:57 »
Very nice batch, any interesting mods done as one of mine that I am about to fix has some additional wires connected. I have found some service paperwork that Adam Harper did on my No.3 C5 that this control unit has come off. I have a spare if cannot work it out.

Lance

One of the had been Completely re-soldered and  a diode that gone short circuit bypassed with a link ? - plus various other cut tracks and odd wire's.

The hardest one to fault find had 3 broken tracks (one very small) - blown regulator - 2 duff diodes - two resistors and some dry joints - all a good learning curve !!!