News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Has anyone used cycleguard.co.uk  (Read 2868 times)

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
Has anyone used cycleguard.co.uk
« on: 12, January, 2012 - 19:50:23 »
Has anyone used these guys? I'm looking to purchase breakdown cover for this year and these seem like a good deal at £18/year. Anyone had any experience with them?

Offline thedesigntailor

• Battery level: 5
  • designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
Re: Has anyone used cycleguard.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: 12, January, 2012 - 21:03:17 »
Not personally but I wonder if they would cover the C5 - I expect a lot will depend on how you secure it.

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #2 on: 12, January, 2012 - 21:16:35 »
I'm only after a breakdown cover only policy. Have emailed them to see whether they will cover a C5.

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #3 on: 13, January, 2012 - 23:39:49 »
Very interested to see if they cover a C5 as I want to start using one for work in a few weeks once it gets a bit warmer.

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 14, January, 2012 - 05:59:09 »
breakdown cover for a c5 is an interesting concept. Let me know how you get on as I'm not sure if the age of the c5 will count against it ?

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #5 on: 14, January, 2012 - 09:30:36 »
Here's the e-maling history between me and them, it appears they won't cover a C5 because it's older than 10 years  ::)

Hello, I am a 14 year old looking for breakdown cover for a Sinclair C5. Would your company be able to provide this?

Dear Kamil

Thank you for your email.

It appears that a Sinclair C5 is a battery electric vehicle, unfortunately if this is correct then we would not be able to insure this.

We insure pedal cycles and pedal cycles with electric assistance only, our Rescue cover is available to 16 year olds and over only and again for pedal cycles and pedal cycles with electric assistance only.

We trust the above clarifies however please do not hesitate to contact if we can be of any further assistance.  We are sorry that we are unable to assist with your insurance needs on this occasion.

The Sinclair C5, in the eyes of the law, is classed as a battery assisted tricycle. Would you be able to provide cover for it in this case?

Dear Kamil

Thank you for your email.

If your cycle is an electrically assisted tricycle, less than 10 years old, and not subject to the requirements of the Road Traffic Act then that would be fine to insure with us.

However we cannot offer roadside rescue cover as you are under 16.

If you wish to proceed the cover needs to be arranged in a parent/guardians name either via our website or by calling us. Further information is also available via our website http://www.cycleguard4kids.co.uk/home.asp?promCode=&affid= 

We trust the above clarifies however please do not hesitate to contact if we can be of any further assistance. 

Offline Lancealot

• Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #6 on: 14, January, 2012 - 10:56:27 »
Hi kabilb1998, looks like you will have to keep a few spares and a rope in the boot, however I suggest using swebie tyres as they are less likely to get a puncture and a spare battery but you could get a small one to reduce weight. Failing all that looks like pushing or pulling it home. A fit lad like you should be ok or dad's taxi. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lance 

Offline thedesigntailor

• designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
« Reply #7 on: 14, January, 2012 - 12:47:37 »
I often forget how young you are Kamil - you are so mature in your posts.

Looks like the age of the C5 counts it out anyway. TBF - you'd probably be best off calling a mini bus style taxi if you have a breakdown, which will probably be cheaper in the long run.