News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Getting to Brooklands  (Read 7259 times)

Karl

Getting to Brooklands
« on: 22, September, 2008 - 15:14:30 »
Getting to the Brooklands site is quite straightforward, but getting to the correct entrance is not so obvious.

From the M25 junction 10 take the A3 towards London.

As you join the A3 you will need to stay in the left hand lane to take the first turning left. As you exit the A3 take the first exit on the left and head for Weybridge. Follow the brown tourist signs for Brooklands Museum. After a couple of miles you will come to a roundabout, take the second exit and continue to follow the brown tourist signs for Brooklands Museum.   

Once you pass the petrol station (with a cashpoint..) you will come to this roundabout ;

At this point, stop following the brown signs and take the second exit to continue up the hill.

You will then need to take the first turning on the left ,marked "Gallagher", it will look like this ;

The small sign on the right hand side reads Campbell entrance.

Follow the small road down until you get to a small junction , take the left hand road which will bring you to the entrance gate.

If you miss the "gallagher" turn off and get to here ;

.....then you've gone too far and need to turn around to take the next right ;

Hope this helps.

If you get lost dont worry, following the brown signs will get you there - it just means you will end up parked the wrong side of the fence.

« Last Edit: 08, February, 2012 - 17:10:40 by BooBoo »

Wizbat

Re: Getting to Brooklands
« Reply #1 on: 23, September, 2008 - 17:24:00 »
Is there a postcode for the satnavvy types among us?

Offline alan1310

• Battery level: 5
  • i wish i was that man
« Reply #2 on: 23, September, 2008 - 20:28:34 »
whats the nearist train station man my lift has just pulled out wich is *pardon my French*

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 23, September, 2008 - 22:49:47 »
Is there a postcode for the satnavvy types among us?

Post Code : KT13 0QN

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 23, September, 2008 - 22:53:29 »
whats the nearist train station man my lift has just pulled out wich is *pardon my French*

This is from the Brooklands site, I've not been to the Railway station so I'm hoping their directions are good  :P

"We’re off the B374, just a few minutes from Junction 10 of the M25 and the A3 London to Portsmouth trunk road. Leave the A3 at the Painshill junction (A245) and follow the brown ‘Brooklands Museum’ signs.

The nearest railway station is Weybridge (less than a mile away) and is on the Woking and Waterloo line.

Brooklands Museum Trust Limited
Brooklands Road, Weybridge,
Surrey KT13 0QN

Tel: 01932 857381 Fax: 01932 85"

Alan - if it helps, why not pop down to my place on the Saturday and travel up with us in the van or the minibus ?

Give me a call if you want to sort some details out. ;)

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 16, March, 2009 - 12:17:31 »
The museum hasn't moved, so these directions are still good  :)

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 16, September, 2009 - 19:44:15 »
Just a reminder of how to get to Brooklands for those attending on Sunday 20th  8)

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 07, September, 2010 - 11:50:51 »
I've resurrected this old topic as it might be of help to those going for the first time.

There is a change since this topic was started - the "Gallagher" sign has now been replaced by one that says "JTI" and "Members Hill".

Brooklands Museum list their own directions here;
   http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/your-visit/how-to-get-here/