News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: My Daughter testing out the C5  (Read 2307 times)

Offline trseven

• Battery level: 0
My Daughter testing out the C5
« on: 13, August, 2012 - 21:18:06 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrjZbsX1ZA8

Thank you Karl for the parts!  I still need 2 tubes for the other 2 tires.  The other 2 originals still hold air!  I did get city jet tires online from the UK.  Shipping the the US was only $9.99.  I still have a few kinks in the rusty chain even after spraying it with lubricant.  I should get a new one.  Tensioner isn't to impressive, and it does sit at a slight angle to the chain.  I'll probably move the whole thing to my basement this winter and take it apart.  I do what to pedal it around at our clubs all British car show in the fall. 

Thanks again!
Gerry

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
Re: My Daughter testing out the C5
« Reply #1 on: 14, August, 2012 - 10:03:44 »
Take the chain off and soak it in diesel fuel overnight.Then spray it with chain lube before re-installing.

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 14, August, 2012 - 10:41:58 »
I love the way she has overcome the fact her legs aren't long enough  ;D

Nice to see your c5 getting back on the road  8)

Offline thedesigntailor

• Battery level: 5
  • designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
« Reply #3 on: 14, August, 2012 - 16:14:15 »
Thats brilliant - I didn't realise the handle bar was padded so little'uns could sit on it!  ;D

Offline trseven

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #4 on: 14, August, 2012 - 21:00:25 »
Thanks for the tip on the chain!  I do need to take it off.   I did notice, since I don't have a lot of space to drive it around, it turns tighter to the left than the right.  Normal or something needs adjusting?   I'm having a lot of fun with it so far! 
Thanks again for all the help!

Gerry

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 16, August, 2012 - 17:01:30 »
The ends of the handlebar should touch the edge of the seat . They were set this way to increase the turning circle and thereby prevent the rider turning too sharply and rolling the c5. Several of the restoration c5's I have had in seem to have had the handlebars raised to enable much sharper turning...possibly not the best of modifications  :-\

I must admit I've never noticed the turning circle being smaller depending on direction though