News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 2689 times)

RHB-C5C

Hello everyone
« on: 08, October, 2012 - 08:28:24 »
Hello everyone.
My name is Rijk and I live in the Netherlands.  I’m an older youngster . Recently I became  “reinterested” in the C5.     The first time was in the late eighties of the past century when I was with my wife and kids on a bike holiday.  We visited a “traffic park” for kids where they could pedal around in toy cars while learning the traffic rules.  For the adults it was possible to go out on the “street” by renting a C5.  So I did and enjoyed it very much.  The only drawback afterwards was the speed.  It was no alternative for my racing bike.  But bike riding was and still is always a part of my life. That’s why later on I became a member of the Dutch association for human powered vehicles.  At that time there were made big steps forward in the development of the recumbent bikes .
Recently I was browsing the internet and suddenly there appeared a picture of a  C5.  Nowadays speed is no longer my only interest so a little flame started to burn .   I  did a search for a C5 , prices , spare parts and so on.  At the end I landed here on this forum. I’m still wrestling with the idea what I should do. Buying a complete one, restoring one or maybe something else.
regards  Rijk

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: 08, October, 2012 - 20:55:25 »
Hi Rijk and welcome to the forum  :)

Buying one that's complete or near complete will be easier and probably cheaper than buying a 'shed' with the intention of doing a full resto.

However, there's lots of knowledgable people on here that have done both simple and complete restorations ( with added mods along the way ) so i'm sure if you have any questions you'll be able to find an answer.

Darren

RHB-C5C

« Reply #2 on: 09, October, 2012 - 07:50:04 »
Thanks Darren for the advise.  But the idea of something else is growing.
The knowledge about the C5 is the main reason why I'm here.

regRijk

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #3 on: 09, October, 2012 - 12:30:59 »
Hi and welcome to the forum.

What's your idea, please share  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Lance

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #4 on: 09, October, 2012 - 16:04:42 »
Quite a few people on the forum have made them go quicker, added extra C5 motors, added petrol engines ... and there's even one on here that looks like a C5 but is a bit different, that can do over 50mph  :o , so be interesting to hear about your plans.

Offline Dave.76

• Battery level: 3
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #5 on: 09, October, 2012 - 19:09:24 »
Welcome to the forum. I'm intrigued by the "somthing different". what do you have in mind?.

Good luck with what ever route you take, I'm sure you will find lots of help on here :)

Offline Pep

• Battery level: 3
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #6 on: 09, October, 2012 - 21:14:53 »
Hi Rijk

I have recently become a C5 owner myself, my advise to you would be buy a good working model and build from there, from my own short experience it is cheaper, and remember if you plan to go faster you will need to stop quicker too !!

I to found this site but after I had bought a C5, and the help here is great from everyone

All the best with your dream,

Pep

RHB-C5C

« Reply #7 on: 09, October, 2012 - 21:18:57 »
Thank for all good advises but I'm almost sure what I'm gonna do.
To begin with I started a thread in the Chatroom  "suppose"

Rijk