News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: The situation  (Read 2322 times)

RHB-C5C

The situation
« on: 10, November, 2012 - 16:28:10 »
Hello again.

After a false start and my subsequent departure from the forum including the removal of the pictures and all that I wrote I received a number of requests to return to this forum.

The reason why I landed here on this forum was the hope to find some other(s) who would share some knowledge about the C5 because I wanted to build me something what resembles a C5 but not an updated replica.  And so one should look at all possible options even possible outrageous ones and hoped to find here something.

After posting some threads I felt that in my opinion that at a certain moment the atmosphere on the forum changed to kind of state that I didn’t liked at all. For me it even worked contra productive. I had the idea to give up the whole project. And that all because of the fact I posted here some threads.

Now I’m in a kind of balancing act.  On one side to start fresh anew and forget everything what happened with the option that it could happen again and on the other side to go my own way in the relative calmness of my workshop and remove my account here.  I know what a number of you would advise me but still it stays my problem.

So it takes me some time to find out if  what I really wanted to do.  Maybe onetime you will see the result of my decision or maybe never.

Rijk

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
Re: The situation
« Reply #1 on: 10, November, 2012 - 16:44:21 »
Don't let one person's comments stop you from trying your ideas and posting them.

I am sure that if this continued or re-occured then Karl (BooBoo) would put a stop to that persons account.

This is to be a helpful and friendly forum and there are other issues in the world than this crap.

My opinion - Lance

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #2 on: 10, November, 2012 - 17:51:55 »
Hi there Rijk I have not commented on any of you posts 'But I always read them and enjoyed them ..I am always trying out different versions of the C5 (1petrol +2 petrol+c5 motor) 2 Sturmey archer 3 speeds + 2 24 volt ones and 1 24volt with a monster motor + 1 twin motor .And loads of items made up .....I am very sorry that you have had  problems on the forum ...And I hope that you will give us another chance  (My next project will be a 2 seater C5 with a 1.9 K/wat 4,200 rpm 24 volt motor but its only in my head at the moment ...Bye for now and hope i will be reading your posts again ..All the best Chas

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #3 on: 10, November, 2012 - 19:20:58 »
Welcome back  Rijk - I look forward to reading your post as your project progresses - This tread my be of interest to you if you have not already found it :
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,266.msg11135/topicseen.html#msg11135

Marty

Offline Ton C5

• Battery level: 4
  • If it aint broken, dont fix it
« Reply #4 on: 10, November, 2012 - 19:53:57 »
Hi Rijk,

Welcome back, i am also reading about what your are doing and i am hooping i might learn something from you for my one project.
Personaly i m thinking more in the line of a monocoq construction no pedals, motor in the front wheel an rear spring dempers.
so hey you are not alone  :)
 i say "keep op the good work" , for your self and i hope you keep us informed of your progress and result.
there are many people who are more then intrested.

Ton

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 10, November, 2012 - 22:40:37 »
I think we have explored this situation enough for now and it is time to draw a line under it and move on.

This topic will be locked to reflect that .