News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2544 times)

Confused1

Introduction
« on: 11, November, 2012 - 09:46:41 »
Hello, I am a new member to the Forum, So thought it polite to put down a few words to introduce myself.

I am the proud owner of sinclairs Zeta I & Zeta II (though not too proud as both are woefully underpowered, & under engineered - In my opinion) I have also recently acquired a Zike aswell.

I have for many years had an interest in EV anf have hobbied with modifying & scratch building electric bikes, go karts, quad bikes, & electric motors - All somewhat basic using salvaged parts & lacking finesse (predominately lacking electronic speed control in favour of switches & big relays.

Now having a Zike (albeit one needing some work) has spurred me on to want a C5 more than ever (though having the space to work through one is a limitation). Getting a good Bodyshell / chassis (though would probably remake the chassis appeals to me & then fitting my own custom running gear (chain drive with modern technology non original motor, & aftermarket speed controller etc.

I hope the concept of marrying Sir Clives' concept & design with my own ideas isn't considered sacrilege in an effort to produce something partially bespoked, fast & reliable.

Anyway thats my introduction, I have learned a great deal in a short time by reading through older posts so I hope that when I take the plunge & start a C5 project I am equipped with just enough education to get me through.

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 11, November, 2012 - 10:02:53 »
Hi and welcome to the forum. We are here to help, post some photos of your zike.

Lance

Confused1

« Reply #2 on: 11, November, 2012 - 10:14:02 »
Hi thanks for your welcome.

The Zike is currently in bits in its own basket - I started working through it to discover it needs a control board (only discovered after replacing the blade fuse in the bottom bracket, which means a fully dismantling)

But gives me a chance to get everything immaculate so should be a really good Looking Zike when it goes back together. Assuming I can manage to find a replacement board.... so any leads on a replacement board would be appreciated.

Thankyou

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #3 on: 11, November, 2012 - 10:35:52 »
Hi still show photos of the various stages - we like those type.

Lance

Offline KarlG

• Battery level: 8
  • You don't have to be mad to own a C5, but it helps
« Reply #4 on: 11, November, 2012 - 13:41:38 »
Another one to welcome you to the band.

I shouldn't worry about modding a c5 as being sacrilege, if it is there will be quite a few of members here who will be burned at the stake, including myself.  :o :o

Keep us informed about ideas and mods, maybe I can purloin one or two of them.  8)
« Last Edit: 11, November, 2012 - 13:43:17 by KarlG »

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #5 on: 11, November, 2012 - 18:29:05 »
Welcome aboard looking forward to your projects - Marty

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #6 on: 17, November, 2012 - 08:51:21 »
Hello and welcome to the forum  :)

Retro Andy.

Offline Dave.76

• Battery level: 3
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #7 on: 19, November, 2012 - 07:03:04 »
Welcome to the forum. They sound like interesting projects to me. Keep us posted please :).