News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: Here's the collection!  (Read 8893 times)

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
Here's the collection!
« on: 31, December, 2012 - 21:31:50 »
Okay, people asked for photos of what we have... we do a LOT of shows and we've been involved in a LOT of restorations.

It started off where I bought the frame of an old 50's Norman, restored that... then got another, and another, and before I knew it I was the guy in the Norman club that people asked advice from! Well, as far as vintage bicycles go, there's not really much I don't know and even parts that most enthusiasts are adament are 'rare', I know how to obtain  ;) I've been having a cull of the collection recently and I thought about doing something else a few months ago.

I'd been toying with doing a Norman Nippy for a while, it's pretty much just a bicycle with bicycle parts, and a 50cc engine on it! So, bought one, then another, then another, now we have 4  :o One has just passed it's mot and will be back on the road for the first time in nearly 25 years in a couple of weeks time!

THEN... to continue the "powered bicycle" theme... I begged my wife for a C5, and here I am now. So, I'm all clued up on restorations, show rather than use, and have a VERY understanding wife  ::) Here we go...

Number 1...

Pod not working, I think it's a control box fault so I'll be sending that for repairs as and when... will be changing from the nasty white tyres too lol! Now has a set of mirrors in the post to go on it :)

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
Re: Here's the collection!
« Reply #1 on: 31, December, 2012 - 21:36:08 »
This was my first Nippy, I bought it on Ebay from Wales. It's still sitting in the garden minus a few bits that I used on others and it'll be sold in the New Year.

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #2 on: 31, December, 2012 - 21:39:59 »
First of the bikes... my wife's 1935 Rudge. Pretty much all original! Lovely little bike  :)

With my wife in period costume and setting  ;D

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #3 on: 31, December, 2012 - 21:42:33 »
One of my pride and joys... my 1937 Raleigh All Weather ex-Police Bicycle.

Used in and around Hampshire, 28" wheels make this a HUGE bike to ride! Very rare/unusual hub brakes, and always a head turner! Oh yeah, and me in my ARP uniform  ::)

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #4 on: 31, December, 2012 - 21:47:23 »
Some of the others...

From left to right...

1960 Norman Roadster. Fully restored, now showing its age again(!)... going to be one of the ones sold in the New Year.

1950 Norman Light Roadster. My first ever restoration so means a lot to me! Learned a lot from this bike, and it my pride and joy. Usually looks stunning, but at this particular show when I took it on a lap of the showground one of the rear frame bolts popped out and nearly sent me over the handlebars! Needless to say, I tend to use the Raleigh now  8)

1940 Norman Ladies. This had a FULL restoration. Full strip/powder coating. Obscene money spent. Was going to be my wife's new bike, but when she saw it fully restored she just said "Too shiny" and stuck to her Rudge  ???

1905 Royal Sunbeam. We come by a lot of bikes that we sell on, this was on of the oldest Sunbeams known in existence, 6th at last count! Sold it for a silly amount of money  ::)

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 5
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #5 on: 31, December, 2012 - 21:48:33 »
Very impressive  ;) ;) ;)

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 5
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #6 on: 31, December, 2012 - 21:51:25 »
The white tyres don't suit the C5  :o :o

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #7 on: 31, December, 2012 - 21:52:24 »
And lastly...

This was a state when I got it. It took a LOT of parts, a LOT of luck and a LOT of work but it's just passed it's mot!!!

I didn't want a shiny show bike, but for a 1962 Norman Nippy it looks its age which is what I like  ;D

Another garage project which I must get around to is this old girl...

This is a circa:- 1956 Norman Nippy Mk1, very rare, but missing the engine! As soon as it gets one, I'll be happy and it'll be on the road  :-\

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #8 on: 31, December, 2012 - 21:54:16 »
Totally agree with the white tyres Luke, but the C5's a work in progress lol  :)

I've also got a 1962 Raleigh Runabout to be sold, plus 3 engines for it and the other Nippy, and about another 10 bicycles... these are just the 'show' ones!  :o

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #9 on: 31, December, 2012 - 22:29:37 »
Lovely collection.

Check your inbox, I'll be sending you an email regarding the Raleigh Runabout.  :D

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #10 on: 31, December, 2012 - 22:37:03 »
There's me confidently saying I'll be sending you an email and it turns out your email address isn't listed on the site  :-[

Can you post it on here or email it to me at kamil1312@hotmail.com?

Ta.

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #11 on: 31, December, 2012 - 23:55:05 »
Strange, it should be listed but will email you in the morning! The Runabout' s a 1962, almost identical to the Nippy's but in green. It has a fuel tank, no engine etc but with the other Nippy and box of engine parts there's probably enough to make a complete bike. I can try doing some photos if it's dry tomorrow.

Offline Dave.76

• Battery level: 3
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #12 on: 01, January, 2013 - 00:08:54 »
What a great collection, good luck with the C5 restoration.  :) :)

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #13 on: 01, January, 2013 - 00:54:08 »
Strange, it should be listed but will email you in the morning! The Runabout' s a 1962, almost identical to the Nippy's but in green. It has a fuel tank, no engine etc but with the other Nippy and box of engine parts there's probably enough to make a complete bike. I can try doing some photos if it's dry tomorrow.

Please do take some pictures, if the price is right I would be interested. My Honda Cub is nearly roadworthy and one project just isn't enough  ;)

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #14 on: 01, January, 2013 - 00:55:12 »
Thanks! We like the collection, we've got enough now to do a great display at most shows :) I really want to do more shows in 2013, we only did 3 last year which means that as nice as they are most of them only see daylight for a few hours a year... If you or anyone hears of any suitable places to take any of them to then please let me know!!