News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: Future plans for c5alive  (Read 13710 times)

Karl

Future plans for c5alive
« on: 23, February, 2013 - 11:48:16 »
I've had Sinclair c5's as a hobby since 2006 , and have run this website since April 2008. In that time I've had a huge amount of fun taking the site to new levels. We've been on TV, radio and in print and taken part in road trips both here and abroad and even had fun on racetracks and dragstrips. The forum has grown and remains as friendly and helpful as ever....so its all good. The support this website enjoys is fantastic and greatly appreciated.

However, I find my 12hr shifts and other interests (namely my MG) are competing for the time I have available to spend on c5alive. With this in mind, as far as this years events go, I will make sure those that are shown are fully supported until the end of the year but I wont be organising or attending any more myself. If anyone else wants to run some meetings or events let me know and they will be added.

I would hate to see this site suffer and dwindle because I didn't put enough time into it,  so am thinking of placing the website up for sale maybe next year . If anyone is interested in taking it over please email me.

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
Re: Future plans for c5alive
« Reply #1 on: 23, February, 2013 - 12:20:39 »
Email sent. ;)

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
« Reply #2 on: 23, February, 2013 - 13:01:10 »
Very sad news, but understandable. It is a HUGE commitment and it really is amazing what you've accomplished with the club!

I've sent you a Facebook message, but will send a proper email when I get chance over the weekend

Offline pso-buzz

• Battery level: 4
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #3 on: 23, February, 2013 - 13:07:05 »
Oh that's very sad. I love this site and what it's all about. I hope someone feels they can take it over and do it justice to what you have achieved.

Simon

Offline Ton C5

• If it aint broken, dont fix it
« Reply #4 on: 23, February, 2013 - 16:38:06 »
Sad to hear Karl,
like to help out, maybe a dutch branch  :)

Offline mhurt

• Battery level: 3
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #5 on: 23, February, 2013 - 18:22:44 »
Happy to help on the forum side of things in any way I can.

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #6 on: 23, February, 2013 - 20:11:52 »
Hey Chas I think this is your baby mate.... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;).

Karl sorry to hear but I know what you mean. I have taken over as Mini soccer chairman for u7-10s and it it taking alot of time. NO TIME FOR C5s :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Lance

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 23, February, 2013 - 20:40:25 »
Thanks for the kind words and offers of help  8)

I have to say that c5alive has been a huge amount of fun and a really enjoyable experience. There is a lot of contact with media, ,museum reps, potential c5 owners and all sorts of other non-forum members that goes on behind the scenes as well.

My greatest fear is that eventually running c5alive would become a chore rather than remaining a fun hobby, which is something I really want to avoid. At the moment I'm still enjoying it but passing over the reins whilst c5alive is in such good health is the best way forward I'm sure.

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #8 on: 24, February, 2013 - 14:42:53 »
i expect you're still staying on the forum
« Last Edit: 24, February, 2013 - 14:45:36 by Luke Salsbury »

Offline Ariablutron98

• I upgraded from a bugatti to a c5. No joke!
  • Battery level: 3
  • Time Is Money And I Own It
    • WireGamesStudios
« Reply #9 on: 24, February, 2013 - 22:43:39 »
I'm willing to help run the site but not the meetings

Offline thedesigntailor

• designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
« Reply #10 on: 25, February, 2013 - 18:59:03 »
 :'(

Sad news Karl - hope someone can step into the rather large shoes. I'm a member of about 4 or 5 forums and none are quite as lovely as this one. I'm sure to check it at least once or twice a day.

Karl

« Reply #11 on: 09, August, 2013 - 11:57:02 »
Just thought I'd bump this to the top of the list again.

Since the original posting of this topic I've had a couple of "expressions of interest"

If anyone else wants to throw their hat in the ring let me know.

C5alive is happily coasting along at the moment with very little input by myself...if someone else comes along with the same level of enthusiasm I had when I started I'm sure this website , as good as it is now, can move up a few levels.

I'm looking to make a decision in time for a handover at the Brooklands event in September.

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
« Reply #12 on: 09, August, 2013 - 22:54:12 »
I've certainly got the time and enthusiasm. Plus I'm good at the events too :-)

Karl

« Reply #13 on: 11, August, 2013 - 19:26:25 »
... as the mg bug got you ?

Not just the MG bug, although that is a contributing factor, it's also the changes to changes my shift pattern at work which have left me struggling to keep on top of everything  :-[  12hr shifts (plus an hour commute each way on top) and working too many weekends are creating a juggling act that is difficult to maintain.

Like I said earlier ,the last thing I'd want to see happen is c5alive go downhill because it became a chore instead of remaining an enjoyable hobby. So now seems like the right time to hand it on to someone else with the right level of enthusiasm and a little more time on their hands  ;) 

Offline Jonatan

• Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Keep the C5s Rolling' C5!
  • Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Keep the C5s Rolling' C5!
« Reply #14 on: 19, August, 2013 - 21:17:20 »
Hi there,
I really think this is a great website and I love how everyone can contribute with their ideas. I really like how everyone can talk about their problems and about how fast we help each other. I would love to contribute a lot more, as I think it is a brilliant idea. I am not very old, I am 13 yet I know a lot about forums and how to keep them running. I have a lot of time on my hands as I am in a stage of my life, where there are new things to learn. I would give my best on helping to run this forum, yet if you want someone older and someone who has been on the forum longer to take over this job, I am fine with that. I have a concern anyway. For instance when we are talking about the c5 alive shop, I cant run that technically as I live in germany and you guys live in england. This would double the shipping costs for every item. I would be willing to be helping to run the forum, yet the shop is not possible in a logical way. I take everyone serious and know what is right and wrong. Also, I can still learn from all of you guys. Im adaptive! :-P

Yours,
Jonatan