News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Future plans for c5alive  (Read 13711 times)

Karl

Re: Future plans for c5alive
« Reply #15 on: 31, August, 2013 - 11:34:13 »
C5alive has new owners

There will be more details very soon, but the latest update is that I've now taken a deposit for the sale of the website & forum so at this point c5alive is considered sold. Negotiations will continue regarding my stash of spares, and even my collection of c5's, so watch this space for more info.
I know there are several other parties that would like to have taken over the running of c5alive and will now be feeling understandably disappointed. If it's any consolation the site wasn't just sold to the highest bidder (the price was the same for everyone), the new owners came to me with some great ideas on how to take c5alive forward and on to exciting new levels. With the support of the forum members I'm sure they will achieve their ambitions. 

I've arranged a meeting with the new owners for the 12th September to finalise the arrangements with the intention of a full handover at our Brooklands Event .

Once the dust settles I'll add a few more words regarding goodbyes etc, but for now I'll keep it brief and say thanks to everyone for all their support over the years and hope you'll look after the new owners ...be gentle with them !  8) 

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #16 on: 31, August, 2013 - 12:34:39 »
I know that C5alive has helped me over the years with my C5 issues, and also been the cause of lots of fun and laughter while out on trips and at events.
I also know that it can be challenging trying to fit everthing in ( which is why i nearly sold my C5, then changed my mind )

So thanks for your help and support Karl, and look forward to seeing whoever it is that is taking over the running.

And if you do decide to sell some of your speedier C5's then please let me know  ;D

Daz

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #17 on: 31, August, 2013 - 12:51:54 »
I know we knew this day was coming  :'( May I wish you Karl and your family all the best for the future and hope to keep in touch, it's sad you are handing C5 Alive over to new owners, but I know you will have found the best home for the site and forum, I look forward to seeing you and hear more in a couple of weeks at Brooklands (Wow what a meeting Brooklands is going to be this year :))  Will you be able to help me get my C5 back on the road after we last see each other still ?

Retro Andy.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #18 on: 31, August, 2013 - 13:20:43 »
P.S Would you still attend some of the meetings in the future, I am hoping to still put on a run late September or October and would love you to be able to come along, perhaps it could be  the first meeting with the new owners ?

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #19 on: 01, September, 2013 - 08:31:05 »
Hi Andy, thanks for the kind words and no worries about sorting out your c5 mate...it does need putting back together after being so mercilessly raided for spares  :o

I'll keep some stuff aside for you to ensure it's done.

As for attending future runs I will be keeping "moneypit" as it was my first ever c5 (purchased in October 2006) and at least one other so that Angie and I will still have the option of attending a couple of events in the future.

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 5
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #20 on: 01, September, 2013 - 08:33:09 »
so your not gone for good   8) 8) 8)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #21 on: 01, September, 2013 - 10:15:59 »
Many thanks mate  :)

Retro Andy.

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #22 on: 01, September, 2013 - 14:45:15 »
Glad you are staying around to attend events etc, its your enthusiasm that has built this Forum and kept it going .....

Its always been friendly and a welcoming Forum with time for everyone be it Someone New or those that have been around for a while, so long may it continue. 

Looking forward to the Brooklands event and details of the new owner ...

Good luck for the future and you never know there might be an MGF here shortly (What we spoke about last weekend  8))

John - PLOD11

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #23 on: 01, September, 2013 - 17:33:46 »
I confess that I have been looking on ebay for a cheap spares or repair MGF recently with the intention of a cheap run around for me and the wife in the future. You never know  ;)

Retro Andy.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #24 on: 01, September, 2013 - 18:43:45 »
Well as Andy say's we knew this day was coming but it does feel like the end of an era - In the 4 years we as a family were involved with C5Alive you have made as feel very welcome , the time and effort you and Angie have put into events and the website has been outstanding.

We have been to many places with C5Alive we, to be truthful, may have never visited which has made C5 ownership great fun and a true hobby.

When we purchased our first C5 we found this website and shot over to Brooklands to see what you were all up too - I remember seeing Matts face light up when he spotted all the C5 t-shirt wearing members and had his first ride under electric power on one of your vehicles as ours was still under restoration - from that very first day you offered help and advice and over the years as my knowledge gained through the website and meetings I went on to restore and repair many vehicles for many people.

I still love the vehicle but as you know the C5Alive outing to MGLIVE planted a seed and my time and enrgy is now full time keeping our two MGF'S up and running.

Glad that our paths will still cross in the MG world and there's always an open door for you and Angie when your up this way  :)

In short you made C5 ownership dam good fun and you will be missed by many - you will be a hard act to follow but it's great there is a new enthusiastic owner to carry on - Like yourselves we have a couple of C5'S left so we will maybe make to the odd event between MGing

Good luck with the TF and look forward to Brooklands in a few weeks with Andy bringing the C5ALIVE team restoration - great way to take a bow out.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #25 on: 01, September, 2013 - 18:49:20 »
I confess that I have been looking on ebay for a cheap spares or repair MGF recently with the intention of a cheap run around for me and the wife in the future. You never know  ;)

Retro Andy.

Good luck for the future and you never know there might be an MGF here shortly (What we spoke about last weekend  8))

John - PLOD11
[/quote]

Look's like the virus is spreading Chaps - Plod your only up the road bud - if you want to come and play with the MG'S drop me a line  :)

Karl

« Reply #26 on: 02, September, 2013 - 19:58:57 »
thanks for the kind words guys, most appreciated  8)

as for the MGF virus it seems to be spreading even further  ;D

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #27 on: 09, September, 2013 - 20:05:40 »
Good luck Karl,

thanks for everything in the past.

Lance

Karl

« Reply #28 on: 12, September, 2013 - 17:40:24 »
C5alive has now changed hands, Ed and Neil will no doubt be along soon to introduce themselves.

I'd like to say a very big thank-you to everyone who has supported c5alive (and myself) over the years I've been running the site.

As always , I couldn't have done it without you and look forward to seeing c5alive continue to grow. The site is in very good hands  8)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #29 on: 12, September, 2013 - 20:25:50 »
Mixed feelings, as sad as it is you will no longer be at the helm of C5 Alive, we know we will see you at future events/meetings and I really look forward to meeting Ed and Neil on Sunday.

:'( :)
Retro Andy.