News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: New member in the Netherlands  (Read 6377 times)

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
Re: New member in the Netherlands
« Reply #15 on: 08, May, 2013 - 17:33:23 »
Suggest putting the rear tyres up to 35-36psi. The front tyre should in theory go to same pressure but you risk it popping off the rim under hard braking.

Offline gertk

• Battery level: 6
  • When in doubt: C5
« Reply #16 on: 07, July, 2013 - 08:52:32 »
Yesterday the C5 went for its 'Maiden Voyage': a 20 km round trip and it did pretty well.
I managed an average speed of 16.8 km/h according to the 4 Euro bike computer from the 'Blokker'  ;D
Battery indicator dropped a single bar on the return trip but the top speed had dropped then to 18 km/h.

Some minor issues: the front wheel hub caps resonate annoyingly at lower speeds, they drag a bit to the tire.
The rear brake started to emit an annoying squeak along the trip, squeezing the brakehandle a bit stops it but when released the squeak comes back again after a few moments. Also when braking hard it makes very loud squeaking noises now.

I also might need the wider drivebelt, the new battery delivers so much power that the drivebelt skips when pressing the button at slower speeds. I already increased the belt tension some more but it still skips sometimes.

The LED lights I put in work OK, although the front light does not have a distinctive beam pattern on the street, it lit up the road well enough to see where I was going. The rear indicators work OK, still waiting for the front 'pods' to arrive: seems they got lost during transport from China...

Offline corp4

• Battery level: 5
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #17 on: 13, July, 2013 - 15:31:08 »
Hi Gertk,

like to get contact with you, this weekend i also want to buy one c5 and i live in Veenendaal where do you live?
just send me a mail if you want,
anaco@tiscali.nl   cor

Being a Sinclair computer fan/collector I just had to have one...

Just picked up this C5 last monday, it is from the first owner and in original condition. According to him the C5 has only been driven a few times round the block and nothing more.
Have not got a chance to check the electronics yet it as there was no working battery available.
I got an original NOS Oldsham battery with it (unused and dry) but after inspecting underneath the (original) caps the plates are badly corroded so I am not going to fill it up)

The accessories are still in the (styrofoam) box: an indicator set and left and right mirrors, never been fitted. Manual and some more paperwork. Even the factory approval sticker is still on the rear reflector.. Original tyres are on and seem to be in pretty good condition, brakes work and I just pedalled a few meters and it runs smooth.
[/quote]

Offline gertk

• Battery level: 6
  • When in doubt: C5
« Reply #18 on: 13, July, 2013 - 17:56:03 »
My location is Steenwijk (Overijssel, above Zwolle)

Offline corp4

• Battery level: 5
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #19 on: 14, July, 2013 - 09:35:27 »
hi Gertk,

like to get contact with you, live also in the Netherlands,
regards,

cor
anao@tiscali.nl ;D