News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: New member  (Read 3642 times)

Offline cRaigalexander

• Battery level: 1
« on: 10, May, 2013 - 19:33:52 »
Hi there,

I'm new to both the forum and C5 ownership! I have wanted one for many years, and ebay bank holiday browsing finally got the best of me, and I spotted one locally, and had a bit of cash burning a hole in my pocket!

I'm too young to remember the C5 when it was new, but I have always had a bit of a thing of 80s tech/design. My pride and joy is a 205 GTi (a 90's model admittedly) which I have restored pretty extensively, mostly DIY, bar the engine rebuild and the sprayjob.

So I have now got a pretty good condition C5 to go with it in the garage! :D Its in good order, with a well looked after body, and a fair few original accessories (mudflaps, wing mirors, wet weather gear and tonneau and original charger/battery)

The previous owner (A chap called Jonny- I believe he is on here, but I dont know his username) really looked after it, with him it had NOS tyres and tubes, and brake cables etc, so it still looks nice and original. It just needs a quick clean over, and things checking/ greasing underneath, but mostly looks spot on. A chain tensioner and a few missing bits are required, but very little I have spotted so far!
 The original key and battery mount has been retained, so the pod seems to work as it should.

Only got the one photo, but will take some more when I get out and about in it. :)

Its already been converted to 24v, and my plan is now to finish it off with a 3 speed conversion to get the most out of it. Im sure I will have plenty of questions along the way, but the forum seems pretty extensive, and very helpful, so not got too many fears owning/maintaining it!

Craig :)

Karl

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: 10, May, 2013 - 21:07:30 »
welcome to c5alive mate  :)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #2 on: 10, May, 2013 - 21:10:14 »
Hi Craig - Welcome to C5Alive - great C5 and 24v already fantastic - Love the 205 also looks tip top - is that an MG hiding in the back of the garage ? Enjoy your stay any questions just ask - Marty

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 5
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #3 on: 10, May, 2013 - 21:51:32 »
That C5 was the one that was made a 24V by this forum in 2007.

I remember reading the description on eBay a few days ago  ;)

Offline cRaigalexander

« Reply #4 on: 10, May, 2013 - 22:06:48 »
Thanks :) It is indeed a little MG, actually its very close sibling, a Austin Healey Sprite (it is wearing a MG grille as you noticed! As its a reshelled Midget into a Sprite shell, a true Spridget :D The MG belongs to the girlfriend really, so we are both into cars in quite a big way!

Ah, ace, glad to see some people recognise this C5 :) If anyone knows anything else/ old history, or any previous owners do le me know :)
« Last Edit: 10, May, 2013 - 22:11:32 by cRaigalexander »

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #5 on: 11, May, 2013 - 08:44:15 »
Hi have you checked the serial number on the SINCLAIR C5 ENTHUSIAST site it might be there ..
Chas

Offline cRaigalexander

« Reply #6 on: 11, May, 2013 - 13:09:17 »
Yep, the serial number comes up as being owned by Johnny Owens :)

Offline gertk

• Battery level: 6
  • When in doubt: C5
« Reply #7 on: 11, May, 2013 - 17:54:18 »
Tried to enter my C5 on the C5 enthusiast list but I got an error message stating that CGIemail is disabled  :o

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #8 on: 17, May, 2013 - 17:59:58 »
Hello and welcome to the forum, any help needed just ask on here, do like your 205  :)

Retro Andy.

Offline thedesigntailor

• Battery level: 5
  • designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
« Reply #9 on: 17, May, 2013 - 19:28:42 »
Hi Craig and welcome.

Speak to Chas (User name C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER) for chain tensioners. Infact between him and the Shop you'll find most items you need. If not there are plenty of lovely people on here ready to help.