News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: April 19th 2009 LONDON CALLING ! Sightseeing run  (Read 31755 times)

Leeb7613

Re: April 19th 2009 LONDON CALLING ! Sightseeing run
« Reply #30 on: 08, April, 2009 - 16:08:43 »
There is a possibility I may be able to attend , thats if I can get the piggin front seat out of the car and I aint got to work

Peace love and light

Blabblubububububububub
  That would be great!!!!!!

Come on london, lets be having you, the boys from the North are coming!!!!!

Karl

« Reply #31 on: 08, April, 2009 - 21:44:19 »
The more the merrier mate !

I'm going to check the route over the next few days and will be publishing the finer details confirming start times etc.

sinclair-mat

« Reply #32 on: 09, April, 2009 - 13:43:09 »
We are all getting ready for the London calling with 6 or maybe 7 sinclair c5s now and we are hoping for a good day. With others from the c5 Forum it should turn out to be a spectacular day for filming.

As for the man who wants to come naked....well I guess its ok as every body will be mesmerized looking at all these c5s..it will be a 1st for many to see as London now is so cosmopolitan..

Please if possible could people bring a couple of different colored tops as we want it to look random...maybe a hat or some specs will help make it look as if c5s are everywhere around London.

As for our bunch we have a clive sinclair lookalike and hes wearing as suit for that added bonus and will also change tops or hats etc.. for some shots

It will be a great day and cant wait...

speak soon

matt

Karl

« Reply #33 on: 09, April, 2009 - 16:08:34 »
I've checked the parking situation and it is good news :).

The gent at the Chelsea & Kensington "parking advice line" confirmed that on a Sunday there are no restrictions in force around the area we intend to use. Even residents bays are up for grabs apparently, but I wouldn't recommend it  :o

It's good to see Matt and his group tagging along, filming as they go. How far involved you get with Matts project is up to each individual though - there is no pressure to join in.

Karl

« Reply #34 on: 10, April, 2009 - 16:23:49 »
Since I no longer pass through the area we will be using, Ive checked the route to make sure everything was as I remembered it  :)

There are some road works near Knightsbridge, but nothing that would cause us to make a detour.

For those that want to follow it on a map, here is the route ;

Start at : The Avenue(A205) at the junction with Windmill Drive,SW4

Use the bicycle lane through Clapham Common to Cedars Road (A3126)

Follow Cedars Rd into Queenstown Rd and all the way through to Chelsea Bridge

Cross Chelsea Bridge onto Chelsea Bridge Road,leading onto Lower Sloane St

into Sloane Square, then Sloane Street ,along to Knightsbridge then left into

Brompton Road (A4) then along into Exhibition Rd, finishing at Kensington Gore (Royal Albert Hall)

The start point ;

The best postcode I can find to help those with sat-nav is:
SW4 9DE

Please note, according to the AA Route Planner this post code will get you to Windmill Drive - BUT THE WRONG END

Meet at the Snack Wagon in Windmill Drive,SW4  next to "Mount Pond" . Try to be there no later than 10am. I would like us to be rolling along in our C5's by 1030 , which doesn't give us much time to ferry the cars to the finish point. I've delayed the start time as much as I can to help those travelling from further away. But if we leave it too late the congestion might be a problem later in the day. 

The finish point ;

As you can see, parking on the yellow lines near the Royal Albert Hall is permitted, but can get busy - so we will need to get there fairly early to grab some parking spaces.

Once we finish at The Royal Albert Hall, those that want to are then free to wander about Hyde Park etc .

Ray / Umpa - I'm working on a plan to try and save you a return journey to my place. Give me a call or email me  8) 

This isnt the longest run we've done as far as distance goes, but I anticipate lots of stops for taking pictures etc as we pass Chelsea Bridge,Sloane Square,  Harrods ,Science Museum etc.

« Last Edit: 11, April, 2009 - 20:07:01 by Karl (C5Alive) »

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #35 on: 18, April, 2009 - 12:37:56 »
Please note, according to the AA Route Planner this post code will get you to Windmill Drive - BUT THE WRONG END

Karl, if I follow my sat nav and end at the wrong end, can I drive down this clapham common (windmill drive) to reach you or is it a one way job ?

Sorry for being thick but I have never been before.

Offline Kurt

• Battery level: 2
« Reply #36 on: 18, April, 2009 - 13:16:05 »
Sorry guys not going to be able to make this one, but hope the weather stays sunny and that you have a good one.

Karl

« Reply #37 on: 18, April, 2009 - 14:07:59 »
Umpa - not a problem mate , the road is "two way" & you should be able to follow your nose by the smell of the bacon butties from the snack van  ;D

Its usually well visited by Ambulance, Police and Fire crews so you should be ok..

Kurt - sorry to hear you can't make it  :-[ , maybe see you at the next one  ;)

Just so we know whether to hang around for any late arrivals tomorrow , it might be useful if those that are coming can let me know on here .

The "list" so far ;

Umpa
Steve
Me
Angie
"Eric"
Ray
Trev
Lee

Any others ?   

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: 18, April, 2009 - 21:21:52 »
OK were all trailered up !!!! - gettin excited - lol
Karl - expect some phone calls dude saying "help were lost" - lol

This time I'll be waring the c5 T shirt - hope Martin remembers my cap  :P

and I'll get that relay to you this time - lol

regards

Ian

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #39 on: 18, April, 2009 - 22:17:23 »
Would anybody mind if i turned up at "the start" and size-tested a C5 (maybe Karl?) into my car?

I hope the weather stays nice for you lot! Get some good pics + videos :) :)

Karl

« Reply #40 on: 18, April, 2009 - 22:34:39 »
Would anybody mind if i turned up at "the start" and size-tested a C5 (maybe Karl?) into my car?

I hope the weather stays nice for you lot! Get some good pics + videos :) :)

Mike - feel free mate, it would be great to meet you  ;D

Umpa - I've got your battery and seat cover, but no baseball cap .They are on order but haven't arrived yet

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #41 on: 18, April, 2009 - 23:00:56 »
Excellent, maybe I'll see some of you in the morning :) :) 9:30 meetup is it?

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #42 on: 19, April, 2009 - 07:54:04 »
Ok, just about to set off! See you all soon!

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #43 on: 19, April, 2009 - 10:18:30 »
Hope you all have a great day, look forward to seeing some pictures later.

Retro Andy

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #44 on: 19, April, 2009 - 16:32:49 »
Got back a little while ago, I didnt stay in london long after the c5s all went on their merry way!

Was great to meet all those news faces, what a friendly bunch you all are! It became rather obvious straight away that a C5 wasnt going in my car (well, to be fair it was always pretty doubtful), so I'll be on the lookout now for a cheap van / estate to do runs / meets.

Hopefully see you all at brooklands, maybe even with a C5 myself!