News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: I'm finally dusting off my 2 C5s! (Norwich enthusiast)  (Read 2774 times)

Offline C-Five

• Battery level: 2
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
I'm finally dusting off my 2 C5s! (Norwich enthusiast)
« on: 29, June, 2013 - 23:46:37 »
Hi everyone

I've actually had two C5s in the family since the late 1980s, but I finally dusted them off this summer after 30 years in storage so that my children can chase each other round in them like I did all those years ago.

I have just about got the electrics going again in one of them, but the other one has a non functional control box and some bits and bobs missing from the rear wheel on the brake side.  I'm just about to order some new bearings so I hope that fixes it.  Not quite sure if I have all the brake bits and bobs either.  It also has a split chassis at the back where the three metal arms meet.  Does £60 sound a reasonable amount to charge to weld it??  Its a split in the existing join about 12 inches in total along with an actual crack in the steel of about an inch.  I knew I shouldn't have ridden it when I was going through my morbidly obese stage...

I'll try and post a photo in a moment if I can work out how!  I've just clicked on 'attachments and other options' and all I get is some options about smileys?!?  Eh!? lol

Offline C-Five

Bulb trouble!
« Reply #1 on: 29, June, 2013 - 23:55:42 »
Very minor question this, but does anyone know how you change the front bulb??  I've partially rebuilt the control box and refitted half the brakes, but I can't get the dammed bulb out!  I've been twisting and tugging it but it seems to really love it in there.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Re: I'm finally dusting off my 2 C5s! (Norwich enthusiast)
« Reply #2 on: 30, June, 2013 - 00:06:29 »
If its the black platic cover, get a very small screw driver and carefully slide it between the light its self and the black bulb cover, do this all the way round while gently pulling the cover off, (dont pull by the wires !)  Hope that makes sense, same applys to the rear light.

When you put it back, squirt a bit of wd40 in the cover.

John - PLOD11

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #3 on: 30, June, 2013 - 09:20:44 »
Personally, I would just replace the chassis as good secondhand ones usually go for around £25. I live in Banham so am quite local to you, if you do need a hand with anything drop me a PM and I'm sure we can arrange something.

Offline rekooh99

• Feel the rhythm feel the rhyme its bobsleigh time
« Reply #4 on: 30, June, 2013 - 19:23:03 »
Chassis on ebay if you re interested mate

Offline C-Five

« Reply #5 on: 30, June, 2013 - 19:24:13 »
Thanks Plod11 and Kamilb1 for your advice!  And cheers rekooh99, I'll check it out in a moment!

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 01, July, 2013 - 11:27:42 »
I'll try and post a photo in a moment if I can work out how!  I've just clicked on 'attachments and other options' and all I get is some options about smileys?!?  Eh!? lol

all in the forum guide  ;)
 http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,627.msg4980.html#msg4980