News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: Brooklands Museum and M-Benz World Test Track - Sun 20th September '09  (Read 57399 times)

Karl

****  Good News ****

We've been invited back to Brooklands for a repeat of the 2008 Event !  ;D

For all those that are kicking themselves for missing out last time round, here's another chance to try out the M-Benz World test track  :P 

More details to follow nearer the time, but as those that came along to the last one will testify, this really is a fantastic event and one you dont want to miss out on.

So make a date in your diary for what promises to be one of the top events in the C5alive schedule. 

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=130.0

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/

« Last Edit: 14, January, 2009 - 20:31:37 by Karl (C5Alive) »

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Dont forget to take a few spare wheels Karl and invite Adam again, Brooklands was a great day and i want another go at the hill climb.

Retro Andy   ;D ;D ;D

Karl

Dont forget to take a few spare wheels Karl and invite Adam again, Brooklands was a great day and i want another go at the hill climb.

Retro Andy   ;D ;D ;D

You're going to have more than one chance to try out that hill  ;D, check this out (hot off the press!!)

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=317.0

Wizbat

I,m hoping my 5 will stay in one piece this time!!!

Karl

I,m hoping my 5 will stay in one piece this time!!!

..don't worry about it mate, you're a "hardcore" c5'er now  ;D all those bits falling off is something we've all come to expect   8)

part and parcel of enjoying life on Sir Clive's finest creation  ;)

ps - remind me to keep you away from matches and petrol though ......
« Last Edit: 15, January, 2009 - 19:04:09 by Karl (C5Alive) »

Karl

I've spoken with the organisor for this event and he has asked me to pass on that there will also be a fun event for us to take part in if we want to.

Racing the small kiddies micro-scooters that you scoot along... ;D

So you've now got enough time to ;

1) source your trusty steed. Something similar to this will do;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Clear-Original-Razor-Pro-Model-Push-Kick-Scooter_W0QQitemZ200364134384QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea6a20ff0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1688%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

2) learn how to ride it at maximum velocity

3) work out some devious strategy for ensuring a convincing victory

See you at the start line .... ;D
« Last Edit: 24, July, 2009 - 19:42:48 by BooBoo »

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Riley's got one of those ( as do i think most kids  :D ).
Not exactly slow on it either  :D

Daz

Karl

Riley's got one of those ( as do i think most kids  :D ).
Not exactly slow on it either  :D

Daz

mmmm..... I might have to get a bit "creative" if my flabby,wheezing body is going to get past the finish line before the youngsters... :P, this might do the trick;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FAST-custom-petrol-scooter-with-mini-moto-engine-L-K_W0QQitemZ220454848210QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sporting_Goods_Scooters_LE?hash=item33542206d2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1688%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
Two races in one day, are you trying to kill me Karl,  :P I will borrow my son's scooter for this as i dont want to bring along sasha's pink Bratz's one, and i've got a cunning plan to fix a 12 foot long  bar at the back of it to keep being overtaken down to a minimum  ;D

Retro Andy .

Karl

Two races in one day, are you trying to kill me Karl,  :P I will borrow my son's scooter for this as i dont want to bring along sasha's pink Bratz's one, and i've got a cunning plan to fix a 12 foot long  bar at the back of it to keep being overtaken down to a minimum  ;D

Retro Andy .

..I don't know, the pink one could give you a "Bruno" thing going , nothing wrong with being in touch with your feminine side  ;D :P 

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Thinking of coming along to this one as i like Brooklands, and enjoyed the last show ( plus we wouldn't have to leave early this time  ;D )

Regarding the test track  : Did i read somewhere that all C5'ers had to have cycle helmets if they wanted a go, or have i got that wrong ?

Daz

Karl

'fraid so mate, all those riding on the track ,including the cyclists, have to wear a "brain bucket" - insurance requirement I guess and something M-Benz insist on ( ..and it is their track). :)

Unlike the cyclists though, the C5's are allowed to venture onto the skid pan  ;D 8)

c you jimmy 5

I'd like to attend this as i couldn't go last year due to having not finished rebuilding mine in time. I'm off to Argos for a bash hat, £9.99, bargain !!
As for the kiddie scooter, i could have got a freebie on Monday morning as i nearly ran over one laying in the road.
I lobbed it in someones garden instead.  ;D

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
So that was you, it hit me right on the head  :( not really, but where's there blame, theres a claim  :D, i bet you wished you lobbed it in yer boot now instead .

Retro Andy.
« Last Edit: 30, July, 2009 - 09:14:23 by Retro Andy »

Karl

It will be good if we could get a large number of C5's there - maybe even outnumber the Raleigh Choppers ?

Putting on a good display would also help raise the profile of the planned "C5-25" event

Plus Project C5 will be hopefully restoring C5 honour by whizzing up the Test Hill  ;D