News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: C5@30  (Read 41887 times)

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
C5@30
« on: 11, July, 2013 - 13:47:38 »
Right guys, I'm looking ahead at organising the next big event. From what I've read the 25th anniversary celebrations were fantastic, but we're now approaching the big 3-0 so I'd like to get the ball rolling again! Brooklands worked out well, but I'd really like to have a location this time that means as many people as possible can make the journey to it so I need suggestions, especially from you up norf! :-) Once we've got some places suggested I'll put it to a poll, but so far the places I have in mind are... Lotus in Norfolk, Beaulieu, Brooklands, or my personal favourite, Gaydon. Gaydon is home to the largest collection of British cars in the world, great museum and being just outside Birmingham is very centrally located for people to attend. Let me know what you think and if you have other places in mind :-)

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 5
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
Re: C5@30
« Reply #1 on: 11, July, 2013 - 18:01:06 »
Brooklands would be nice as it is local to me but there are people who live farther a field

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #2 on: 11, July, 2013 - 20:33:16 »
Lotus in Norfolk would be good for me as it's just up the road, but Norfolk is quite far for most.

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #3 on: 11, July, 2013 - 20:57:07 »
Yep, and Beaulieu would be closest for me, and that's where the problem is lol! Birmingham' s virtually in the middle of everyone which is why I'm wondering if that should be the venue to aim for?

What I'm most interested in at the moment is (a) any other suggestions for places, and (b) whether there are many Midlands/northern members that would want to attend if it was organised closer to them :)

Offline cRaigalexander

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #4 on: 11, July, 2013 - 21:35:47 »
I like the idea of Gaydon for centrality, but I think the benefit of somewhere like Beaulieu is there are some pretty roads around for a potter out etc :)

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 12, July, 2013 - 09:10:47 »
A huge factor in deciding where to hold this event must always be when it is going to be held. Assuming the aim is to celebrate the actual launch date of the c5 , as we did for c5-25 ,then you're looking at a date in January . Being mid-winter this means you need to consider holding it indoors , which then means you also have to look at the venues & facilities available and what the cost implications are.

The c5-25 event was a mixed bag, we were lucky that Brooklands supported us and offered the exhibition room free of charge. Not so lucky with the weather as it was snowed off and had to be rescheduled for February.

If you decide to go for an indoors event (or at least sheltered) then the next factor to consider is size of venue. Although the level of support provided by those that helped with c5-25 on the day was amazing, it has to be said that the number of c5 owners and invited guests that actually showed up was far less than promised. Most of our audience on the day was from spectators for the VSCC meeting being held at Brooklands at the same time.

Just some points to consider  :)

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #6 on: 12, July, 2013 - 09:46:18 »
Those are some very good points! So what are people's feelings on this? Brilliance could potentially be worth contacting again for a January event to coincide with launch date, or we could plan a summer show for this one. Although it would of course be nice to do it on 11/1, people as a whole remember the C5 for 1985 so I could see a summer show drumming up a lot more interest!

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #7 on: 17, July, 2013 - 17:06:00 »
That's a good start, can I start having some opinions too on whether to do two shows, one for the anniversary and one summer, or just one... And also any other suggestions for places or shall I poll these two? I'm happy to organise but really need to know it won't just be me that turns up lol :-)

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #8 on: 17, July, 2013 - 20:01:28 »
Gaydon for me as well, I personally would not be around for the January event  :(, but def on the summer event  ;)

John - Plod11

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #9 on: 17, July, 2013 - 20:14:04 »
Gaydon would be fine with me
Chas

Offline c5mick

• Battery level: 3
  • Live for today, tomorrow may not be as good
« Reply #10 on: 20, July, 2013 - 12:53:59 »
Gaydon for me, as long as I can get a headlight first. Still looking.

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #11 on: 20, July, 2013 - 17:01:41 »
Well Mosi would be fantastic, but it's just too far for people from the south to get to though... Gaydon should be at most a 2 to 3 hour run for anyone in England where as for me Mosi's about a 5 or 6 hour journey! Great idea though :-) Think of any more around the Midlands?

Offline dansretropod

• The C5 was born to be customised... 3D style
    • www.c5owners.com
« Reply #12 on: 20, July, 2013 - 21:05:33 »
Why don't you just have 2 events. 1 for the south and 1 for the north?

Offline johnny5

• FUN FUN FUN 'TIL DADDY TAKES THE C5 AWAY
« Reply #13 on: 22, July, 2013 - 13:12:18 »
Hi all  how about  we attend enmass to  the earls  barton festival  of transport
http://www.festivaloftransport.net/

i  attended this  year and it is  very  friendly and hospitable

I know  this is not just a c5 event but it  is a  celebration of transport

Offline johnny5

• FUN FUN FUN 'TIL DADDY TAKES THE C5 AWAY
« Reply #14 on: 22, July, 2013 - 13:17:16 »
did i mention they have a  beer tent ?