News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: New rear tyres...  (Read 4840 times)

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
New rear tyres...
« on: 13, July, 2013 - 19:45:40 »
At the local market on Thursday I bought a pair of rear tyres and I'm curious to know if other people have had any experiences with them. I've fitted them to my 'second' machine now so will update any progress etc but, well, here we go...

Impac 16 x 1.75

http://en.hollandbikeshop.com/bicycle-parts-city-bike/bicycle-tires-inner-tubes/bicycle-tires-16-inch/impac-tire-16x1-75-streetpac-bs100-black/

That's one of a lot of sites that sell them, but I paid "2 for £10" and I'm fairly sure the seller can get more! Obviously purists will say that 1.75 is too slimline to look authentic, but to be fair they certainly fit well!

I'll upload a photo when I can, and to answer the pressure questions, it states that they can be inflated from 35-65psi, so they've certainly got a high enough pressure!

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
Re: New rear tyres...
« Reply #1 on: 13, July, 2013 - 20:17:28 »

Offline dansretropod

• Battery level: 3
  • The C5 was born to be customised... 3D style
    • www.c5owners.com
« Reply #2 on: 03, October, 2013 - 22:30:53 »
I bought some of these.  They are alright but the schwalbe city jets are far superior and are still available from various places on the web at cheap prices

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 03, October, 2013 - 23:52:37 »
I bought some of these.  They are alright but the schwalbe city jets are far superior and are still available from various places on the web at cheap prices
Not for much longer , Schwalbe have ceased production of city jets in the 16" size so all that remains is old stock. For reasons best known to themselves they still make the city jet range in other sizes .

Offline wigan lad

• Battery level: 2
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #4 on: 04, October, 2013 - 20:52:36 »
Remember the chopper from the 80`s check the wheel size ? And cheaper ?

Offline dansretropod

• The C5 was born to be customised... 3D style
    • www.c5owners.com
« Reply #5 on: 05, October, 2013 - 12:25:28 »
Not for much longer , Schwalbe have ceased production of city jets in the 16" size so all that remains is old stock. For reasons best known to themselves they still make the city jet range in other sizes .

They may have stopped making them but if you do a bit of searching there's still plenty of places selling both 12" and 16".

Remember the chopper from the 80`s check the wheel size ? And cheaper ?

Tried some of those and they're terrible, when you turn they make a squishing sound.

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #6 on: 05, October, 2013 - 20:25:51 »
Arte these still available for the c5 alive shop ?????

Offline c5mick

• Live for today, tomorrow may not be as good
« Reply #7 on: 12, October, 2013 - 09:13:46 »
I have bought a few for stock from EBay, 12" and 16" city jet are available. I quite like the 16" Schwalbe Big Apple that I have fitted to the rear of one of my C5's. Not seen 12" Big Apple though.