News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 9134 times)

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #15 on: 27, August, 2013 - 21:46:37 »
Been taking a few photos, given it a clean, and tried to repair some punctures so I could have a little ride on it.

Had my first bit of trouble as the rear wheel bearings have broken up and has damaged the threads on the rear axle. So spent a little time making the best repair I could on the damaged threads.

The two rear inner tubes are completely shot, just too old and leaking from around the valves. Luckily though, the front tube is exactly the same as my daughters pram wheels, so I have now stolen her spare tube lol. And as it has an angled valve it's even easier to pump it up too!

Been fighting with photobucket on my iPad and getting it to post pics is proving a pain so gonna try typing a link to my library, feel free to have a look if it works

http://Http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/John_E_76/slideshow

Hey, welcome :) Is it really just me who knows how to bypass Flickr and Photobucket copyright to copy pictures? :/

Offline Lord Fox Sinclair

• Battery level: 0
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #16 on: 29, August, 2013 - 20:59:08 »
Hi there hope you guys are all well..

I'm actually in the market for a c5 so any help would be appreciated also.

If anyone has a basic model etc feel free to let me know.

Cheers

Mark

Offline John_E_76

• Battery level: 2
« Reply #17 on: 31, August, 2013 - 16:14:17 »
Well finally have it mobile! Had a little play in it last night and I see what brings you back for more.

Had a good go at cleaning it today with some industrial traffic film remover (usually brilliant at cleaning stuff) and although I have the worst of the oil off, it still has some yellow staining on the front and some of the black scratch marks are a little too stubborn to get off.
Gonna go and get some cif cream and a nail brush and have another go tomorrow (would do it tonight but the wife has invited friends over, how rude!)

Can't wait to get this thing running on electric power now!

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #18 on: 31, August, 2013 - 17:24:17 »
Hi there you could invite friends and have a C5 cleaning party  ...in exchange for a ride in it when it's cleaned ....You never know ....

Offline Jonatan

• Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Keep the C5s Rolling' C5!
  • Battery level: 4
  • Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Keep the C5s Rolling' C5!
« Reply #19 on: 31, August, 2013 - 20:52:54 »
Hi there you could invite friends and have a C5 cleaning party  ...in exchange for a ride in it when it's cleaned ....You never know ....
Ha, very funny! Gonna try that in the future! :-D

Yours,
Jonatan

Offline John_E_76

« Reply #20 on: 01, September, 2013 - 14:13:04 »

More photos after I gave it a clean up! Staining is worse than the pics show but I'm stubborn and will get them off.

Another question I've got is with the 4th pic, it's on the right hand underside of the seat, is this just a charging mount or is it for anything else? Sorry if I sound dim but I hear of all these twin battery/ 24v conversions just wondering if it could be something to do with it.

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #21 on: 01, September, 2013 - 15:00:44 »
Hi if you could post some photos of the inside of the plugs we maybe let you know what they are for ...

Offline John_E_76

« Reply #22 on: 01, September, 2013 - 17:11:04 »

Hope this is of some help, it's a bit tight squeezing this iPad into the gap lol. Thanks for the help!
Just been trying to get rid of the neighbours it's stirring up a bit of interest

Karl

« Reply #23 on: 02, September, 2013 - 20:00:35 »
some strange non-Sinclair items fitted there buddy ...

Offline John_E_76

« Reply #24 on: 03, September, 2013 - 20:13:55 »
Well there has been some good news!

I have connected the battery straight tbuthe motor and we have power!

Just to find out if the control box and pod are any good now.
I have disconnected the strange wiring from those posts on the right hand side of the seat which just linked over to the other side, so was guessing that if I disconnect the ignition swich and connected to a battery would it all power up?

Have had a little look inside the pod and i think it all looks okay inside, but obviously until I can get some power to it I am only guessing

Again thanks for any help I get, just hope I am getting somewhere now

Offline John_E_76

« Reply #25 on: 04, September, 2013 - 19:58:25 »
Excellent news!

I have just run a couple of temporary wires from switch to battery and I have a fully operational C5!
Everything lighting up and working just as it should

All this for the grand repair cost (including getting the C5) of a whole £12

Just need a wiring kit for the battery now then I am sorted (although this might have to wait a month as I have 2 trips across the country next month  >:( bloody petrol!

But all in all, I am well chuffed and appreciated everyone's help so far

So I need to get back to the cleaning to get these stains off then maybe look at fitting some LED indicators (great when you can lose some of this stuff at work lol)

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #26 on: 09, September, 2013 - 19:57:08 »
Hi John-E-76,

What part of Salford as I also live Manchester, Salford, M7.

I have two fully working C5s and one that is being converted to 24v but just don't have time to complete.

email me direct and could could see about catching up..

I got to heaton park with the kids all the time on my C5.

Lance

Offline John_E_76

« Reply #27 on: 09, September, 2013 - 21:44:11 »
Hiya!

I am in Swinton, so not too far!

Not had much time for the C5 this weekend as my 18 month old daughter is being a bit of a handful, and getting stuff ready for a wedding this weekend (amazing how much stuff I got to cram into a golf)

Just managed to have a little go on it Sunday afternoon, don't know whether my temporary wiring to the battery wasn't man enough, or the hill that I live in was too steep, but it didn't seem to be working as good as it should, and needed to disconnect the battery a couple of times to stop that annoying beeping. But I did get plenty of looks and a couple of people taking pictures

Once I get a bit more time I think it'll be time for the proper battery wiring, and hopefully it'll cure my woes lol

I'd definatly be up for catching up, give my missus ears a rest (she doesn't understand the fuss), and Heaton park sounds like fun, some of the hills there will take some serious pedalling

Offline pso-buzz

• Battery level: 4
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #28 on: 10, September, 2013 - 00:49:39 »
Well there are a few of us from Manchester now then.  Shall we arrange a meet/run?

Simon

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #29 on: 11, September, 2013 - 19:21:05 »
Yes soon before the weather gets bad. Can only do weekend afternoons as the boys play football, saturday and sunday mornings.

lance