News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: My C5 from Ebay for £50.00 project update,this will be ready for the horsham run  (Read 7160 times)

Offline scott

• Battery level: 8
 ;D heres some more pictures  she nearly ready to roll.

Karl

That is a real credit to you mate  8) , especially when you consider what you started with.

Good to see another one saved from the scrapheap and back on the road with a new lease of life  :)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Looking good  ;D
Like the colour. Blue seems to go well on a C5.

Was it painted already or did you do it yourself ?

Daz

Offline scott

thanks karl see u sunday  ;D  and thanks for all your help and advice with it.

cheers daz i painted it myself  the body was so scratched there was no other option  :-\apparently its home for the last 10 years was under a blackberry bush.

Leeb7613

That paint job is wicked, I had one painted (sprayed white) but they could not guarentee the paint would not 'flex' off as the shall is plyable, what paint did you use??

Its a top job.....fancy doing one for me???

Cheers..Lee

Offline scott

thanks lee  i used plastic primer spray first  then high build /filler primer and trophy blue base coat and clear lacquer  all done with aerosol cans  lets hope it dont fall off tomorrow ha ha ha.

automino

hi looks great...where did you get your steel front wheel please?

Offline scott

thanks automino  the front wheel is 12" off an old kids bike it was pink  but  i sprayed it chrome,
your best bet is buy an old bike from a boot sale or your local tip  failing that buy one new from a bike shop, hope this helps scott.

Offline scott

Upgrading Bluebird for the summer
« Reply #8 on: 11, January, 2014 - 19:57:20 »
Looking forward to fitting bluebird a new motor and gearbox for the summer :-) I will post some pics on the progress soon  has anyone tried the new rear wheel disk brake for sale on EBay at the moment ? Cheers Scott

Offline kamztrad

• Battery level: 0
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Disk brake
« Reply #9 on: 11, January, 2014 - 22:14:41 »
I have got the rear disk conversion fitted by Chas and it works great - braking is progressive and powerful, not grabby and unpredictable like the dodgy old drum, and I have my own 36V conversion c5 capable of 35 mph so good brakes are essential. Can highly recommend the disk brake, does take a bit of fiddling to get it properly adjusted but well worth the effort !!

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
Well done a great restoration done Scott..
Also thanks Kamztrad for the comments on the brake mod (and to Pep for showing me how to make it) The front brake mod will be finished by next week then I wil be making it in kit form ....Also thanks to Dan and Dave for testing the mod ...
Bye Chas

Offline Edward Green

• Administrator
  • Battery level: 0
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Bluebird is looking very nice. Look forward to seeing it :)