News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Zike  (Read 2995 times)

Offline Andyjackson

• Battery level: 0
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Zike
« on: 04, January, 2014 - 10:55:38 »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this Sinclair revolution. I've just bought a Zike and would welcome any information / views on updating the battery as D cells are expensive.

Does anyone have a circuit diagram for the pcb?

Any help much appreciated

Andy

Offline c5mick

• Battery level: 3
  • Live for today, tomorrow may not be as good
Re: Zike
« Reply #1 on: 05, January, 2014 - 12:34:22 »
Hi Andy
I have a few zikes, one came with a battery pack and would hold a charge for a while. I could get about 100yds out of it before it was flat again. Looked into getting a battery pack made up for just over £200 buy just could not quite justify the cost. It would be nice to see if anyone else has any feedback.
Mick

Offline Waran2005

« Reply #2 on: 11, March, 2014 - 11:36:25 »
Hi

My battery pack is also knackered.

I have bought some yuasa lighting packs which are nicad D cells from Ebay. They're not the original 4500 mah ones but 4000 mha cells. I'll give them a go as I bought them in sticks of 5 cell pre soldered packs, with tags and so easy to solder up into the required 20 cell pack for the Zike.

They cost £29 with delivery, that's my new battery cost and so worth a shot.

Offline Waran2005

« Reply #3 on: 27, March, 2014 - 12:17:22 »
Hi

Battery pack has been made up and works fine.

My Zike motor control board didn't work at all, even though the Zike was advertised as fully working! I have since ordered the required components and repaired it. If anyone would like to send me a non working motor control board then I could take a look and give a price to repair. If I can't do anything with it then I'll send it back.

I will at some point give details of what actually failed and components required etc. The biggest pain is the removal of the conformal coating, removing solder etc.

Thanks.