News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Ray

• Battery level: 0
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Hello
« on: 07, January, 2014 - 17:09:48 »
Hi everybody! Collected my first C5 today and put battery on charge as soon as I got home. Will see if anything lights up tomorrow. I'm sat putting together a shopping list of items from c5alive. Nothing major yet but still have to check the instrument pod and control box.
There does seem to be a lot of loose wiring, I know the loom includes for indicators etc. Apologies if I have missed it but is there a car type wiring diagram with cable colours etc?
Look forward to further postings on this forum.
Ray

Offline Brooksymk

• Administrator
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: 07, January, 2014 - 18:27:54 »
Hi. Ray
welcome to c5 alive. I hope we can help. I will have a look for a diagram. As long as the c5 has not been altered there should be a two brown wires a large and small one they are positive and the single blue is negative. But if you get it wrong you can damage the control box and pod. There is a wiring kit available which prevent any damage.
I hope this helps
have fun and enjoy the c5 smile
Neil

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: 07, January, 2014 - 20:36:56 »
Thank you for your response Brooksmyk, I am not worried about the main battery connections as they are obvious to me. However when I collected the C5 the seller wanted to demonstrate lights and did not seem to know which way to connect the battery. In fact he tried both ways so I fear the worst, perhaps being a battery in poor condition may have saved the electrics, but then what has he done over the years he has had it stored I wonder?
I have now found a copy of the wiring diagram and can at least check I have the correct connections to the control box etc. thanks.

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: 09, January, 2014 - 14:13:52 »
A few photos of the C5, much as when collected, except boot lock, control box, motor and Pod all removed for checking and repairs as required.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #4 on: 09, January, 2014 - 18:58:49 »
Dosen't look too bad Ray -sure you will have it up and running in no time - hopefully if the former owner hasnt fried the electronics I should be able to give them a quick check and get them back to you so you can go for a quick spin :-):-)

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: 09, January, 2014 - 19:36:15 »
Thanks Martin
Not going to rush the restore/rebuild, after all I have to fill my time in retirement. Not doing anything more until after Sunday when 3 grandchildren will visit and pedal it around the cul-de-sac I'm sure.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #6 on: 13, January, 2014 - 19:33:09 »
Electronics all sorted Ray - you have mail  :)