News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: RenVeld meets C5 -----> Gotta have  (Read 2293 times)

Offline RenVeld

• Battery level: 0
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
RenVeld meets C5 -----> Gotta have
« on: 30, March, 2014 - 18:45:54 »
Hello fellow C5ers,

My name is Rens, married, 4 kids, carcrazy, I am 47 years old and live in the Netherlands.

Several months ago I had a flashback when I rediscovered the Sinclair C5 on the net. Last week I was browsing the net and found a C5 for restoration or parts. There was only a very low bid done and I asked myself what it would be worth for me as I have no other C5 to use the spares on......... Finally thought it through and made an offer. Within the hour I got a response that the offer was accepted, which probably means I offered toooooo much.

Yesterday drove 2 1/2 hours to collect it and to my surprise it fitted in the boot of my Volvo 850 estate easily. Think even two will fit in there. State of the C5 is not dramatically, Replace the original tyres, clean the electrics, replace the chain, clean and refurbish, if needed, the motor and some elbow grease is needed for the exterior. Small damage to left underside which means I have a slight problem. Will most likely not intend to win an originality contest so aluminium plates with Sikaflex kit have to do the trick.

Ones in running condition I am not sure if it will stay identical, in an technical way of speaking. C5 will be put to use for a daily commuting exercise of 15 km plus, one way. and is required to be 99% reliability as my daughter is going to use it.

That's all for now. Photo's will follow but my cellular is out of order due to some gravity issues.

Already saw some Dutch members but couldn't find a Dutch forum, is that correct?

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: RenVeld meets C5 -----> Gotta have
« Reply #1 on: 31, March, 2014 - 08:46:04 »
Hi there Wecome to the forum if you want any help just ask .Bye Chas (C5 ENTHUSIAST RESTORER)

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 01, April, 2014 - 08:09:53 »
we had a c5alive run a while back in the Netherlands ;

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1569.msg12393.html#msg12393

I believe the Dutch equivalent of c5alive folded a few years back but in its day was miles ahead of everyone. Some of those guys were at the C5 Auction held as part of the Zutphen meeting. Real shame its not still going , maybe its time someone got the ball rolling again  8)

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #3 on: 01, April, 2014 - 17:58:48 »
Hi there Karl great to see you posting again ..Bye Chas

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 01, April, 2014 - 20:07:20 »
Hi there Karl great to see you posting again ..Bye Chas

I'm usually found lurking in the background somewhere  ;D

Offline Ton C5

• Battery level: 4
  • If it aint broken, dont fix it
« Reply #5 on: 04, April, 2014 - 10:55:21 »
Hi Rens,

where about in Holland are you ?
i am in 010 area. maybe we can meet up ?

Ton