News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: C5 To EMFcamp!  (Read 1523 times)

Offline alecjw

• Battery level: 0
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
C5 To EMFcamp!
« on: 28, August, 2014 - 21:02:36 »
Tomorrow I'm going to be driving my C5 from cambridge to EMFcamp, in milton keynes. That's about 50 miles.

Over the last couple of days, I've been working on my lithium battery mod. I've installed 60Ah of turnigy LiPo cells at 14.8V nominal, so hopefully it will have just enough charge to get me there! (More on the mod later...) After I installed it, I had a good run across town before the motor slipped off its mount. I had no idea what had happened at first, and tried tensioning the belt by stacking some rubber under the mount, but no no avail. Eventually I was advised (by jaceaceatkins from this forum) that I needed to have the motor sitting on the lip at the end of the mount. I fixed this and put the belt back on (I make it sound a lot easier than it was) and It drove again!

So tomorrow we're setting off bright and early together for our road trip. Wish me luck!

And if you're in great cambourne, caxton, the gransdens, warsley, everton, sandy, willington, bedford, wootton, cranfield, salford, beltchley or newton longville, let me know and I might stop and say hi on the way!

Offline jockywilson11

• Battery level: 1
Re: C5 To EMFcamp!
« Reply #1 on: 28, August, 2014 - 23:05:57 »
Good luck! Safe voyage.