News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Hellooooooo  (Read 5973 times)

Offline natrasleep

• Battery level: 0
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Hellooooooo
« on: 05, December, 2014 - 14:08:27 »
Hi, I am new to C5's insomuch as I am in the process of buying one, am based in south Yorkshire, and am looking forward to the pleasure of ownership of a C5,

expect many questions from ne

cheers Nat

Offline KarlG

• Battery level: 8
  • You don't have to be mad to own a C5, but it helps
Re: Hellooooooo
« Reply #1 on: 05, December, 2014 - 17:35:20 »
Hi,

and welcome to the forum. Hope you'll be happy with your new pet, and look after it.

As far as questions are concerned, I'm sure someone will come up with a solution for you. ::)

Cheers, KarlG.

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
« Reply #2 on: 05, December, 2014 - 22:00:55 »
Hi there Nat I live in ilkeston any help you want let me know
Bye Chas

Offline natrasleep

« Reply #3 on: 06, December, 2014 - 18:27:22 »
Cheers Chaz, Will do, my partners brother lives in Ilkestone so we are regular visitors there,
well a bit of an update, I now own a c5 with indicators, and mirrors... needs a lot of cleaning, and a battery, but all seems good with it. looking forward to getting it started up, so to speak. any recommendations for battery? I see many have converted to car batteries,

Offline KarlG

« Reply #4 on: 06, December, 2014 - 20:59:02 »
Hi Nat,

all depends on the C5 configuration.

If you have the original battery cover with the key unit,and you want to retain the original configuration. then you are limited to a given size plus the plus pole needs to be located on the left (with the poles nearest to you), you will also need special terminal post adapters. If this the case, just let us know, and we can lead you on from there.

On the other hand if you just have the normal terminal connectors you can use a starter or a leisure battery, but watch out concerning the battery length, the space under the seat is very limited. Do a search in the forum, there's a lot of information listed.

The C5, and other electric vehicles, are designed to run on deep charge batteries (leisure), as deep charging a starter battery can lead to  damage. Lots of the C5 owners are using the starter batteries, so it's up to you as to which type you use. Just a tip, the starter batteries are the cheapest.

Offline natrasleep

« Reply #5 on: 08, December, 2014 - 20:15:56 »
Thanks KarlG, well the excitement is mounting in the Natrasleep household, The C5 gets delivered Thursday, its been stood for a time , but is complete apart from the hubcaps, and needs an inner tube or two, Planning on stripping down and possibly having sprayed in old lotus green and yellow, but will not rush into that, it has keys, mirrors, indicators, and all seems good, so a fun project for the winter

Offline KarlG

« Reply #6 on: 08, December, 2014 - 20:49:31 »
Hi Nat,

or maybe like this.

Not exactly Lotus green/yellow, but still Lotus.

Offline natrasleep

« Reply #7 on: 09, December, 2014 - 11:17:29 »
They look great, but it has to be the lotus25 colours. as a very good friend of mine, now sadly no longer with us, was Jim Clarks co driver in the early 60s, and Trev was credited with the addition of the yellow stripe, to go with the yellow overalls and helmet he used to wear, and his 2 sons are in this project with me  ;D

Offline KarlG

« Reply #8 on: 10, December, 2014 - 01:58:30 »

Offline natrasleep

« Reply #9 on: 10, December, 2014 - 18:42:00 »
That is excellent, I am planning to do almost exactly the same, but I will reverse the colours , this was one of the 25s Trevor Raced     http://first4f1.com/iphone/lotus_25_iphone5.jpg

Offline KarlG

« Reply #10 on: 11, December, 2014 - 15:42:28 »
Hi Nat I think you posted the wrong photo, didn't you mean this one?

::) ::) ;D ;D
Just tried it out to see what it would look like. I must agree that your idea is nicer than the one in my previous post. :) :)