News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: C5alive meets the Gadget Show (again)  (Read 36324 times)

Karl

C5alive meets the Gadget Show (again)
« on: 17, March, 2009 - 21:25:46 »
Some of you may have noticed on the calendar that we were involved in some filming today.

We travelled to Birmingham to meet with the Gadget Show team and help by providing them with a couple of C5's for a feature  they were filming.

"Moneypit" was used for the outside stuff , with "Virgin" used for the studio work.

I can't say too much about the feature, but here are some piccies from the day ;

First off we arrived a bit early so we popped along to nearby "Cadbury World" - highly recommended  8)

Then we met up with Jason Bradbury and the rest of the Gadget Show team and all had some lunch before the filming started.

A very big thank-you to Jason and his team for taking such good care of Angie and me, we had a terrific day  ;D 

Karl

Re: C5alive meets the Gadget Show (again)
« Reply #1 on: 18, March, 2009 - 15:27:08 »
Extract of an email from one of the Gadget Show team ;

Hi Karl,

...... Thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to come down and meet us. You were right, the C5’s do just bring a smile to everyone’s faces. I know that Jon was a cynic before you came however left saying how much fun he had!

Once again, thanks for coming. The piece will be on Episode 5 which will go out on the 6th of April.......

Regards,

Chris

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 07, April, 2009 - 07:59:32 »
Watched the gadet show last night, its great to see the C5 appear on tv, even better when its one we all know, Jason had some great and positive comments about the C5 in general and even though the segway was chosen out of the two, we all know the segway must be great fun, but whats the point if you cant take it out on the cycle paths or road on run's and who wants to stand up when getting around and where's the storage. I'm sure the segway would turn a few heads, but the C5 is more fun and it is useable aswell.

Retro Andy   

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 07, April, 2009 - 08:14:32 »
Watched the gadet show last night, its great to see the C5 appear on tv, even better when its one we all know, Jason had some great and positive comments about the C5 in general and even though the segway was chosen out of the two, we all know the segway must be great fun, but whats the point if you cant take it out on the cycle paths or road on run's and who wants to stand up when getting around and where's the storage. I'm sure the segway would turn a few heads, but the C5 is more fun and it is useable aswell.

Retro Andy   

..did anyone get to "tape" the show ?

I was travelling back from Dorset so I missed it  :'(

Although I can understand why it won, the Segway is a fine machine, but it and the Sinclair C5 can't really be compared to each other.

The c5 was built to be a mass produced ,cheap 'n' cheerful urban runabout with minimal running and maintenance costs.

The Segway is a proper "Gadget" using NASA style robotics and is scarily complex -meaning eye wateringly expensive repairs when compared to a C5  ;D

I spoke to a Segway owner at Bruntingthorpe during filming for the Gadget Show last year. He was singularly unimpressed with the combined purchase and running costs of his machine (approaching £10k.... :o). I took some movie footage on my camera of the race that was being filmed & you can hear the Segway guys in the background discussing the poor response from Segway when his one went wrong.

...I think I'll stick with my C5's  8)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #4 on: 07, April, 2009 - 09:30:28 »
Saw the show and it looked like a great review, with some good comments aswell. Plus, watching all this C5 action on telly helps convince the other half even more  ;D

Apart from the C5, i want to go on one of those grass sledges ... now they looked fun  ;D

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 07, April, 2009 - 09:54:17 »
Looks like I missed a really good episode  :(

Here's a piccie I took when we were at the studio's ;

Jason Bradbury was good enough to invite us to remain on set, so we watched the whole thing being filmed - which was so cool  8)

He was genuinely miffed that the C5 lost out  ;)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #6 on: 07, April, 2009 - 11:06:34 »
You must of had a great day watching the filming etc. Can i come next time ?

Retro Andy

Offline Kurt

• Battery level: 2
« Reply #7 on: 07, April, 2009 - 18:11:24 »
Loved the show, but bit unfair to compare the C5 to a Segway which as mentioned is an ultimate gadget but also at an ultimate price.

On the good news front I did record the show on Sky+ and will drop it to DVD and post it to you Karl.

Must have been fun getting a good peek around the set as well.

Offline Kurt

• Battery level: 2
« Reply #8 on: 07, April, 2009 - 22:13:55 »
Gadget Show DVD on it's way to you.

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 07, April, 2009 - 22:23:39 »
Gadget Show DVD on it's way to you.

...mate , thanks ever so much !

Really appreciated  8)

Karl

« Reply #10 on: 09, April, 2009 - 16:19:42 »
Kurts DVD arrived (mucho thanks mate) so I've managed to watch the show  :)

Minidaz is right, those grass sledges look wicked  ;D

I thought the part about the C5 was really well done, although it was a bit weird watching my own C5 being driven around on the telly  8) 

Still reckon the C5 should have won the place on that Wall of Fame  ;).

Karl

« Reply #11 on: 12, April, 2009 - 09:56:41 »

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #12 on: 12, April, 2009 - 12:23:15 »
I watched it again, but switched it off just before he picked the wrong one again.

Retro Andy

joggaeco

« Reply #13 on: 30, October, 2011 - 03:49:18 »
Nice show! nakes me want to be out riding in it!