News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: Progresss  (Read 3062 times)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Progresss
« on: 22, June, 2009 - 13:34:17 »
Well we brought our first C5 on e-bay a few weeks back. Must admit it looked a bit of a wreck when I picked it up so I frantically cleaned it before the wife got home!My eldest son had been after one since seeing it on the Gadget show and I must admit I always liked the idea of getting one. As I recall back in 85 I went for a Mark 3 Cortina for £300 instead as it was cheaper !!!.Anyway here we were with a non- running C5 so I brought some inner tubes and got it going in pedal mode.Decided I might need some help so searched the web and came across C5ALIVE -noted that they had a meet on at Brooklands the next day. The with was going out and I had the kids for the day so all was well and we headed down to Brooklands. After meeting Karl and the gang and driving around in working C5 I knew pedal power was not going to keep us occupied. The wife seemed over intrested in our day out and announced she would like one too - so I searched and found a second C5 this time fully restored. To cut along story short we are now running about in 'ARCHIE' and restoring 'FIRST LOVE'. Udate - powered up 'FIRST LOVE' today and after a bit of messing (loose connections etc) we have working pod and running motor - plan to do a quick service to get it on theroad - then park it up over winter for a full strip down. Pretty chuffed !!!

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
Re: Progresss
« Reply #1 on: 22, June, 2009 - 22:43:33 »
Glad your enjoying the C5, I wish my wife would have a go in one!

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 22, June, 2009 - 23:00:19 »
It is great that the Gadget Show inspired you into buying your first C5  :)

Even better that you found c5alive and came along to meet us at Brooklands  :D

Even better still that you've got another c5 and have joined in the tradition of giving them names  8) Outstanding behaviour  ;D

Look forward to seeing you at one of our future meetings , exhibition style events are good but for me it's the road trips that are the most fun.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: Progress
« Reply #3 on: 23, June, 2009 - 00:17:05 »
Think I need some spelling lessons !!!!! ::)

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #4 on: 26, June, 2009 - 16:23:32 »
Me too, but it's not the end of the world, well not yet lol