News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Yellow side stripes  (Read 2775 times)

Karl

Yellow side stripes
« on: 01, June, 2010 - 20:24:42 »
c5alive has been selling the same yellow side stripes for a number of years now, before I took over the site in 2008. It is expensive tape, but seems up to the job and I'm very happy with what we use. As an additional test, I tend to fit the offcuts to my motorbike (which is used all year round,in all weathers, 70miles a day) and it has stood up to some serious abuse so I feel it is more than capable of surviving on a c5.

There has been a concern raised that trimming the tape causes damage and allows water ingress/deterioration of the tape.

This is not something I've seen happen to any of the c5's that I have fitted the tape to, so do not see this as a problem. The stripes have been on Moneypit and Dave for quite a while now - the only damage I've seen has been caused by scraping against kerbs,walls etc. and these c5's have been out in some horrible weather (rain and snow) and get washed with a hosepipe regularly.

Has anyone experienced problems with the tape ? I don't intend to seek an alternative until I'm sure there is a problem .

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Re: Yellow side stripes
« Reply #1 on: 01, June, 2010 - 20:57:00 »
I have the same type of tape on mine, and i think the trouble is when it is cut, if you get a nice clean cut it should be fine, if not then you may get water into it, but i have never had that problem with any of these tapes and have been using them for years on cars and vans in all weathers.

John

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 02, June, 2010 - 07:31:00 »
I've had no problems with mine, and it looks so much better with them than leaving old worn one's on.

Retro Andy. 

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #3 on: 04, June, 2010 - 07:01:16 »
Mine has been fine too, Kerbs are the tape enemy..