C5 Help > Tried & Tested : Share your good,or bad, experiences

Indicator option

<< < (2/7) > >>

gertk:
Delivery can take up to 16 days (the order is dispatched to a HongKong business... :-\)

Luke S:

--- Quote from: gertk on  04, June, 2013  - 14:48:50 ---Delivery can take up to 16 days (the order is dispatched to a HongKong business... :-\)

--- End quote ---

I expect it is coming 2nd (Economy) Class

rekooh99:
£3.54 for a pair on ebay uk not bad value at all

gertk:
After a few hours work.....

I had the bright idea to make a small slot at the bottom and just slide the indicator PCB in.. That worked quite well except the PCB was 'floating' in the free space between the reflector and the back panel.. No problem: just drill a few small holes behind the PCB location and inject some hot glue and it should stay put.. Well, almost... The distance between the PCB and the back panel was larger than I had anticipated and the hot glue just poured into the reflector leaving dark ugly spots visible from the outside. :-[

Rescue time: I 'Dremel'-ed the shape of the PCB out of the back panel and painstakingly removed the hot glue from the reflector. Then the PCB was glued to the piece that was cut out and glued back into place into the back panel.

The other indicator was mounted in the same way, cutting out the shape of the PCB first, this time I only needed a small hole for the cable at the bottom.

The color in the picture is a bit filtered: in real life the indicators are quite orange  ;D

Front indicators have not arrived yet...

gertk:
some more pictures...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version