C5alive Marketplace > Wanted - Sinclair C5 Parts & Accessories

Wanted: restored or good condition C5

<< < (2/2)

mike7201:
I get about 6-7 miles I suppose at the present time.  My current circuit involves a very slightly hilly start, then down hill a bit, then on the level for a bit, then another hill before coasting downhill home again. 

I'm using a 048 type 12v Nova Calcium battery (thanks to the C5Alive wiring kit).  That mean absolutely nothing to me, but it works, fits and seems to do the job.  It's the battery I had when I bought my C5.  My seller kindly included it with the sale.

When the battery runs out, you could find yourself stranded unless you have sufficient leg power to pedal.  However, I have found that by switching off and then on again, I can use an 'emergency reserve'.  It kind of fools the C5 into thinking that a new battery has been fitted, so runs as normal and continues to drink the power for a few more minutes!  However, it soon smells a rat, and tells you your battery is flat yet again, but this time much quicker!  It does however, allow you to 'get moving' again to get to where you need to be.

As far as I can recall from information I've been given, my C5's pod and electrics have been serviced/repaired by C5Martin.  Then a service by C5Alive to keep it in great shape.  Boo Boo might be able to clarify what my C5 has undergone in the way of servicing over the years, as he has had some involvement with it I think.  I have no problem with you discussing any work undertaken Boo Boo, so please share it if you can remember.

I know how I felt when I wanted to buy one though Giles.  I wanted to make sure that I bought one from a reliable source, and that I could get help and advice when I bought it.  Well, I sure did.  I was put in touch with a seller near my home town, and have never looked back!  Now, thanks to this forum, I have the confidence to ride it knowing if I have a problem, people are only an email or call away!

Good luck.

Hope this helps.

giles:
I have now picked up a pair of C5's.
So thanks for your advice and I'll see how I get on.....

Cheers, Giles

Retro Andy:
Well done, keep us posted when you get them.

Retro Andy.

radiomarty:

--- Quote from: giles on  19, October, 2009  - 06:44:00 ---I have now picked up a pair of C5's.
So thanks for your advice and I'll see how I get on.....

Cheers, Giles

--- End quote ---

Great news Giles well done - the fun starts here !!!!!  Hope to see you at one of our events

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version