News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: hi, control pod issue  (Read 5812 times)

c5virgin

hi, control pod issue
« on: 02, April, 2011 - 14:05:42 »
Hi all, just got the c5, put 2 new batteries on her but cant get her to fire up light pod on right lights up and the left one just flashes. it has been stood up for about 12 years so checked all connections and gave a little squirt of wd40 on all electrical blocks, now the left side lights stay on but when i push the micro swith one green light on the left side comes on but no motor engagement. any advice would be great. thanks

c5virgin

Re: hi, control pod issue
« Reply #1 on: 02, April, 2011 - 14:09:08 »
just pushed all connectors back in on control box and the left side just flashes all lights every couple of secs

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 02, April, 2011 - 21:06:11 »
It could be a faulty pod, I've been checking the box of pods that came with my batch of c5's from Rotterdam and found several with the same fault as you describe.

RadioMarty, Chas or C5martin might be able to assist;
http://c5alive.co.uk/ecommerce/product_info.php?cPath=19&products_id=34&osCsid=4880e8be98492364864cc6aaf361f249

c5virgin

« Reply #3 on: 02, April, 2011 - 23:00:49 »
Many thanks, i have taken off pod and box so think its probably best to send to someone who knows what they are doing, having problems putting photo's on here but when i figure out how to i will post pictures. will bench test motor monday and get mate to fix if needed. have peddled about on it today and had big smile on my face for the rest of the day so hoping when the electrics are sorted my grin will just get bigger! by the way i bought 2 063 batteries from euro car parts for 24 pounds each which i thought was rather good, obviously i cant say how good they are as yet!

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #4 on: 03, April, 2011 - 08:45:58 »
Hi - the issue sounds very much like an issue with either the red cable connections at the back of the pod or the solder joints in the pod - try 'wobbling ' the connections on the pack of the pod and see what happens.
Regards Radiomarty

c5virgin

« Reply #5 on: 03, April, 2011 - 17:15:50 »
thanks, tried all of that, have taken pod off and main module and it definately looks as though something has blown, its marked D1, top right of module. I suppose because she has been stood for 12 years or so the motor might be stuck also but have enough mates to fix that for me, It does give me time though to take the body off and repaint the chassis, double check the wiring as best as i can. do they need a special kit to make them run on car batteries? I have 2 connected as thats what was on there when i bought her.
thanks

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 03, April, 2011 - 20:12:35 »
The c5alive wiring kits are very popular as they allow you to use any 12v car/leisure battery, each time we make a batch they sell out pronto  8). You wont find them on the shop side at the moment as I always take stuff down once we have sold out.

Next batch is due around the 20th April - I'll update the forum when they are up for grabs 

c5virgin

« Reply #7 on: 03, April, 2011 - 20:28:23 »
thanks, will keep an eye out, what do they sell for?

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 04, April, 2011 - 08:51:18 »
thanks, will keep an eye out, what do they sell for?

..around £40

c5virgin

« Reply #9 on: 04, April, 2011 - 10:59:26 »
great, many thanks, can I reserve one or pay now for one or wait till they arrive?

ScubaChris

« Reply #10 on: 04, April, 2011 - 11:23:02 »
Karl,
What exactly does the the C5alive wiring kit consist of? I was under the impression it replaced the main CB & pod and used the light switch to double-up for the original keyswitch?
I only ask because I was looking at the 'Rotterdam' C5 that you have up for sale which you say has this wiring kit fitted but it also appears to have the CB wired in.
There's a picture of the wiring kit on the shop page but no explanation of what it is / does.

Please excuse the newbie question.  ;)

Cheers,
C.

Karl

« Reply #11 on: 04, April, 2011 - 11:28:17 »
great, many thanks, can I reserve one or pay now for one or wait till they arrive?

..best to wait until they arrive, I never take payment for anything not readily available - helps to keep things nice and simple  8)

Karl

« Reply #12 on: 04, April, 2011 - 11:33:10 »
Karl,
What exactly does the the C5alive wiring kit consist of? I was under the impression it replaced the main CB & pod and used the light switch to double-up for the original keyswitch?
I only ask because I was looking at the 'Rotterdam' C5 that you have up for sale which you say has this wiring kit fitted but it also appears to have the CB wired in.
There's a picture of the wiring kit on the shop page but no explanation of what it is / does.

Please excuse the newbie question.  ;)

Cheers,
C.

No worries mate - the reason you're not seeing a full explanation of what it does is because I have taken the full advert off of the shop side of the site. In short, it just replaces the original Sinclair keyswitch assembly meaning you are free to use any 12v car/leisure battery that fits in the space. You keep the original control box and pod, they are left to function as normal. Not to be confused with the two c5's I set up to run using just a relay  ;)

ScubaChris

« Reply #13 on: 04, April, 2011 - 13:05:48 »
Aha, getcha...
Thanks Karl that's clearer! That sounds pretty much like what I'll be doing with those battery clamps I bought off you. That's if I can ever get the last stubborn grimy bits washed off the body before I reassemble it!  :D

C.

c5virgin

« Reply #14 on: 04, April, 2011 - 13:44:40 »
Hi, having a real problem getting pics of my c5 on here, not a technical man im afraid, I click the add image icon then IMG appears twice on the page, have tried dragging photo's onto here and that does not work either, same as cutting and trying to paste. any help would be much appreciated.
pete