News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: At last got the second c5  (Read 2161 times)

marcdonnelly

At last got the second c5
« on: 10, May, 2010 - 08:17:58 »
Yesterday i picked up my second c5 i have not tested her yet but im 99% she will run ok she has indicators fitted,hi vis,seat cushion,wing mirrors,wheel trims plus center caps and a complete spare complete working gearbox as well as some orignal paperwork all for £170.00. :D now going to spend a couple of hurs cleaning her :'( but after all the cleaning i will be very ;D ;D

marcdonnelly

Re: At last got the second c5
« Reply #1 on: 10, May, 2010 - 11:52:43 »
oh no complently wrong press the power button no noise at all first time i pressed the button heard a click click im taking it the control box is >:( and needs to go c5 martin 8) or is the motor seized any ideas folks?

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 10, May, 2010 - 15:04:01 »
First thing is : Don't Panic  ;)

You can tell if the motor is seized by gently rotating the rear drive wheel "in reverse" - any problems with the gearbox/motor structure will be readily obvious by the strange noises you'll hear or lack of movement. You could also directly connect the motor to a battery if you wanted to hear it run - disconnect the motor leads from the control box to do this.

Then it is a process of elimination, check all the connections - especially the red wires that connect to the rear of the pod . If it is running the standard Sinclair keyswitch give it a good spray with WD40 and keep turning it on/off to free it all up. Also, take a look at the fuses in the control box.

If you are confident enough, you could take the working control box/pod off your "good" c5 and try it out on this "defective" one.

That way you'll be able to work out which components are in need of repair.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

It still sounds like a bargain, even if you do find you have a worse case scenario of duff control box/pod.

marcdonnelly

« Reply #3 on: 10, May, 2010 - 16:02:39 »
Thanks for the reply tested the drive wheel backwards everything seems perfect thic c5 does not have a orignal key switch but a volvo converstion with red key most unusual.the instrument pod lights up correctly so im guessing its the control box.  and the indicators are dead never mind it will all be good in time.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #4 on: 10, May, 2010 - 19:35:08 »
Well done for picking up a second C5 for such a bargain with all those accessories, I'm sure it won't take much to get it running.

Retro Andy.