News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Mini camcorder (C5 Cam)  (Read 7566 times)

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Mini camcorder (C5 Cam)
« on: 26, August, 2010 - 14:39:21 »
Just orderd one of these, for this price you can't go wrong.

Comes with various attachments so hopefully will be able to attach it to the C5 somewhere.

Have a look at the video of it, attached to a model plane.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=109557

marra

Re: Mini camcorder (C5 Cam)
« Reply #1 on: 26, August, 2010 - 14:57:00 »
Just ordered one for myself ;D Looks good. I will also keep it in the van recording the back for secirity for when I am on my coffee breaks.Nice one for the link.

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #2 on: 26, August, 2010 - 15:32:25 »
Yes its got sound activation on it, so only records when it detects a noise. You can also use it as Web cam as well.

Just orderd a second one, and it says out of stock, but more coming soon.  :'(

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #3 on: 26, August, 2010 - 15:46:36 »
Thanks just done the same .....Chas

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #4 on: 26, August, 2010 - 16:14:53 »
I ordered one of these from ebay to mount on the c5 somewhere and when it arrived it was junk, so i gave up. :(

However, since then I have ordered some video recorder sunglasses!!

Let me know how you get on with them - I may replace / order again if they turn out to be good (maybe I was unlucky)

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #5 on: 26, August, 2010 - 16:46:20 »
The problem I foresee with video recorder sunglasses is that on a dull day or at night you will be recording your crash!

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #6 on: 26, August, 2010 - 17:07:27 »
I dont think any of us are that daft coverman!

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #7 on: 26, August, 2010 - 17:14:51 »
A couple of people I know have them for when they go on track days and think they are great for the price, I think its got many uses and for that price you can't go wrong.

Retro Andy.

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #8 on: 27, August, 2010 - 08:58:18 »
I was only joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marra

« Reply #9 on: 07, September, 2010 - 11:07:34 »
Arrived yesterday..WOW !!!!!!!!! got to say that it is more impresive than i first thought. The video quality is spot on and the frames per second keeps up with the judder and movement well, no lag at all. Im using a 4 Gig micro sd, just ran a 30 second clip now and it used 50mb, will soon fill 4 gig up no probs i think, so i would not recommend nothing like a 1 or even a 2 gig to have lots of fun  ;D Size is very good, comes with several straps and clips, one has a flat back bracket that you could easily fit a 2 sided sticky pad to fit the c5, a belt clip that will fit on the high vis mast also.
ill give this a :
10/10 for quality
10/10 for use and set up.
10/10 for what the uses can be
10/10 for price and postage costs.
 9/10 for battery life, claims 2 hours on a charge.. hmmm. ran it this morning on a charge and got 1 hour 15 mins. will do another charge and see later.

many thanks for the up on this one. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #10 on: 09, September, 2010 - 11:10:06 »
the batteries tend to take several charges for the cells gunk to form properly and reach full working capacity.

same happens with phones etc.

looks real bagain havng time/date stamp useful as evidence for PTW ridrs outb there

i bought a dearer one from ebay, can be powered full time and very wide lens, so its hooked of the ignition for power. i use it to record the clowns that cut me up or if they cause me an accident i have a chance to call them to book.

those who commute a lot imho well worth having, my wife's firm, a driver got knicked for 'jumping' a red light.

he had moved aside for an ambulance as a god citzen legally should, when he challenged the ticket he was told "he needed to record the time, date and registration - yeh! right, we al have pen and paper to hand, and like you can do all that while blocking traffic :(.

Alan
Alan

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #11 on: 24, September, 2010 - 10:59:30 »
Has anyone managed to change the date and time on this, there was no user manual with it just a word doc, which mentions something about a program or file that should be used, but not been able to find this file on cd that comes with it, so date still showing 2008.

I worked out how to use it, but can't change the date etc...

John

marra

« Reply #12 on: 24, September, 2010 - 11:55:15 »
Plug the camera in and in the dmi folder ( not the start directory ) right click and open a new text doc , copy and paste this but change the time :

[date]
2010/09/24
12:08:00

When you have done this give it 5 seconds before you unplug, not switch off first. switch back on then plug into pc, your pc will sync with the text doc and will delete the file. sorted.

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #13 on: 25, September, 2010 - 10:39:43 »
Still not having much luck with this...

When i plug it in i get a "DCIM" folder if i right click on this i cant create a txt file from the menu displayed.

This driving me mad .....

I am using windows 7 if that makes any difference.

John
« Last Edit: 25, September, 2010 - 10:45:54 by PLOD11 »

marra

« Reply #14 on: 25, September, 2010 - 12:37:47 »
I will reboot pc as this has duel and test Win 7, im on xp at the moment. if you send me a pm with am email i can send you the attatchment complete. You have to go into the file DCIM then create new txt and name it TAG.TEXT . will have a look at win 7 now.