News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: ** now sold ** 1991 El Trans A/S mini-el for sale  (Read 17715 times)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Karl's 1991 El Trans A/S mini-el for sale £2750 ono
« Reply #15 on: 05, May, 2010 - 09:04:14 »
Sorry to hear that mate - hope it goes well next time.
« Last Edit: 29, May, 2010 - 16:17:05 by BooBoo »

Karl

Re: 1991 El Trans A/S mini-el for sale £2750 ono
« Reply #16 on: 05, May, 2010 - 09:59:54 »
Just to add to my good mood, the Ebay system wont allow me to leave negative feedback  >:(, gives me the option of "positive" or "leave feedback later"  ::)

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #17 on: 05, May, 2010 - 16:45:47 »
Do what i do ....   ::)

Tick the pos button and write what you want ..........    :D

John .....

Karl

« Reply #18 on: 06, May, 2010 - 08:42:23 »
I like plod's idea  ;D.

Here's the latest from Ebay;
Thank you for writing to us regarding the buyer "2499970" of the vehicle (item 220589394443). I'm sorry to hear that the buyer has not paid your item and you want to relist but you're aware of the fees incurred since the item was not sold.

I notice you've already opened an unpaid item case for the item and I would like to inform you that you need to close the case and choose the appropriate resolution option before we credit your Final Value Fee.

You can close the case after the buyer has responded at least once, or if the buyer doesn't respond within 4 days. If you don't close the case within 35 days of the end of the listing, it will be closed automatically without a credit.

Here's how to close the case and claim your Final Value Fee:

1. Go to My eBay > Resolution Centre.
2. On your Resolution page, click 'View case' next to the one you want to close.
3. Select 'Close case' along with the reason you're closing the case:

You?ll be asked 'Have you received payment from the buyer?' with the option to answer 'Yes'  or 'No'

If you select 'Yes': This means the buyer has paid for and received the item. If you choose this option, you won't receive a Final Value Fee credit and the buyer won't have an unpaid item case recorded against them.

If you select 'No': This means you can't come to an agreement with the buyer and they will have an unpaid item case recorded against them.

With regard on relisting your item, once you've closed the unpaid item case and received a credit for your Final Value Fee, you can relist the item. You must do this within 90 days of the end of the original listing. You'll be charged a second Insertion Fee, which we'll credit back to your account if the item sells. Please note that only applies to the first relisting of an item and it must be listed in auction format.

So, Ebay take the money and leave it all up to me to sort out... :-X >:(

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #19 on: 07, May, 2010 - 00:45:13 »
Clear as Mud  ???

Also if you pass G0 you won't get the £200 either  :P

The only winner with E bay is E bay no matter what happens ..
« Last Edit: 07, May, 2010 - 00:47:46 by PLOD11 »

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #20 on: 07, May, 2010 - 05:50:12 »
The e-mail they sent me was along them lines, and it also said the risks of selling on e-bay are similiar to when you place an advert in the paper, as you coud get someone saying they will buy  over the phone, arrange to come and collect and never show, leaving you having to pay to re-advertise when you could have sold it to someone else the first time round, but now I tell anyone its not sold till its gone and paid for. I hope you get a more trusting bidder next time Karl.

Retro Andy 

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #21 on: 14, May, 2010 - 16:21:22 »
The e-mail they sent me was along them lines, and it also said the risks of selling on e-bay are similiar to when you place an advert in the paper, as you coud get someone saying they will buy  over the phone, arrange to come and collect and never show, leaving you having to pay to re-advertise when you could have sold it to someone else the first time round, but now I tell anyone its not sold till its gone and paid for. I hope you get a more trusting bidder next time Karl.

Retro Andy 

Thats not entirely true though because with the paper the advert is still there and other people can buy it.  With Ebay the only option is the last chance offer which might be much lower than you wanted.  Sounds like legalised robbery - lol

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #22 on: 14, May, 2010 - 18:19:13 »
I think they just tryed to point out you can have problems selling things that are advertised anywhere

Retro Andy

Karl

Re: 1991 El Trans A/S mini-el for sale ** reduced to £2000 ono **
« Reply #23 on: 16, May, 2010 - 23:07:14 »
Having now wasted just under £50 with Ebay and not sold the mini-el, I'm going to hold on to it for a while longer. It's booked in at Ardingly for the July show.

Funnily enough I didn't fancy selling it for £100  ::), or at any of the other "hopeful" offers .....and best of all it's good to see the "winning" bidder from the first listing held on to his 100% feedback rating - despite my claim against him  ???

I've very little faith left in Ebay at the moment   :-X

So, if anyone wants a shiny,road legal, working ,low mileage mini-el complete with trailer and a cover - it is still available at £2k ono. :)

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #24 on: 16, May, 2010 - 23:22:10 »
Just to add to my good mood, the Ebay system wont allow me to leave negative feedback  >:(, gives me the option of "positive" or "leave feedback later"  ::)

Ebay have forgotten who their real customers are, have squandered their position in the market, and are just up their own backsides.

When I get buyers like that, I keep an eye on them, and if they sell something, I make sure i win it ;)

Karl

Re: ** now sold ** 1991 El Trans A/S mini-el for sale
« Reply #25 on: 02, June, 2010 - 18:28:53 »
Sold today, via a free advert in Classic Car Weekly  8)

Didn't quite get what I wanted for it, but near enough  :)...and I don't have to put up with any more time wasters on Ebay or lost listing fees , or even phone calls from people saying they want to buy it before ringing back an hour or so later and saying they've changed their minds  (without even viewing) ::)

Still sad to see the mini-el go, but onwards with other plans now....

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #26 on: 03, June, 2010 - 09:32:16 »
Have given up selling car covers on eBay because of the trouble I had from one buyer who gave us our only negative because he wanted and expected a bag free with the cover(bag not even mentioned in the description or shown in the photo and normally £6 extra). The hassle to get his accusatory remarks removed involved going to a notary public, but it still didn't eliminate the negative mark. The covers we sold on eBay were the same as our normal covers but way cheaper, to fill production voids at quiet times, but not planning to do it again.   

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #27 on: 03, June, 2010 - 13:24:35 »
This is an all too familiar story.. ebay's days are numbered..

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: 04, June, 2010 - 07:04:36 »
Glad you got a result in the end, I considered it but I have no where to put it. 

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #29 on: 04, June, 2010 - 08:47:36 »
Sorry to hear you have sold the Mini-El Karl, but looking forward to what you have next in store ?

Retro Andy