News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Key swich  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 5
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
Key swich
« on: 14, December, 2012 - 17:08:39 »
How would you clean the connections on the key switch for the battery. It may not be the connections. It is just when I am using the motor I can't hold the button down or it will just start beeping at me >:( >:( >:( But if I hold the button down then let go for a split second then press the button again for about 5 seconds Then let go for a slit second and keep doing that it works fine  :) :) :) It just seams odd that it is doing that. I NEED HELP FROM YOU

Thanks

Luke

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: Key swich
« Reply #1 on: 14, December, 2012 - 18:23:19 »
Hi there Luke What I do is to strip it down completely then clean all the components then rebuild it ....The only to get a good conection

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #2 on: 14, December, 2012 - 18:29:09 »
My Dad wants me to get the one from the C5Alive shop but I want to keep the original

Also it seems to be a job and a half to clip the plastic cover of the key switch to the battery cover  ??? ???

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 14, December, 2012 - 18:54:53 »
Hi Luke - I fully understand the desire to keep the original keyswitch to preserve the c5 as it was manufactured , but the reason the c5alive wiring kit was introduced about 10years ago was to deal with the reliability snags caused by failing keyswitch assemblies.

Those same keyswitch assemblies are not going to be getting any more reliable as they age, so hate to say it - your dad is right a c5alive kit is the way to go ;)

I hope to bully ask RadioMarty nicely if he is up for helping to make another batch once Christmas is out of the way.

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #4 on: 14, December, 2012 - 18:56:31 »
Hi there Luke not sure what you mean but do you turn the key to the left before putting the Top on ...and taking it off....
But Like Karl says the only way is to get a new set up .Then you will be able to get a larger battery ...(You could sell the old key switch and key to help with the cost of the new wiring .But make sure you get another Key made up first ..)
« Last Edit: 14, December, 2012 - 19:01:05 by C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER »

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #5 on: 14, December, 2012 - 19:05:00 »
Well I just look in the key switch is pointing and line it up with the little slot in the battery cover. When I take it off I push the red button then turn the key the way it will let me turn it then take it off.

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #6 on: 14, December, 2012 - 19:12:56 »
If I do get the C5Alive wiring kit i'll probably get this one

http://c5alive.co.uk/index.php?com=shop&display=product&id=35

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #7 on: 14, December, 2012 - 19:28:14 »
I thought I would also mention this the side panel clips on the pod ok but the velcrow won't reach the body

No matter how much you pull it it won't reach the body properly  ??? ??? ???

Also is this how it clips onto the pod