News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Clive Sinclair  (Read 3223 times)

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
Clive Sinclair
« on: 08, December, 2010 - 21:04:54 »
Short video on YouTube.  I think some members of C5alive are on it - if you blink you will miss it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxs2QY3Y_BA

Offline MikeDX

Re: Clive Sinclair
« Reply #1 on: 08, December, 2010 - 21:15:50 »
Thats the m&ms run we did earlier in the year

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #2 on: 08, December, 2010 - 23:02:41 »
If you see wallace and grommet, there was an invetor of an electric motor, claims 93% efficiency -wow! Entered the TT with 2 bikes got 2nd and forth against all the big players.

Worship us a wooden shed, you just had ti see his post drill, holding the work with a foot and hand driven, another geius but way way out there.

Siir Clive also appeared, talking about he should have prepared the public before launching the C5, he might have checked weather forecast snd inclinometer  to ;).

Alan

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #3 on: 09, December, 2010 - 05:49:16 »
Did you notice the inventor in the shed had a C5 shell in over grown garden, strange but very clever man.

Retro Andy

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 09, December, 2010 - 06:20:42 »
If you see wallace and grommet, there was an invetor of an electric motor, claims 93% efficiency -wow! Entered the TT with 2 bikes got 2nd and forth against all the big players.

Worship us a wooden shed, you just had ti see his post drill, holding the work with a foot and hand driven, another geius but way way out there.

Siir Clive also appeared, talking about he should have prepared the public before launching the C5, he might have checked weather forecast snd inclinometer  to ;).

Alan

Yes its in the video link I posted :)

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #5 on: 09, December, 2010 - 09:04:25 »
The inventor is Cedric Lynch, of Lynch pancake motor fame.

Offline techytype

« Reply #6 on: 09, December, 2010 - 09:14:45 »
U would live to meet and talk with him, he certainly thinks outside if the box. Wonder why his motor has nit been bought up and given the finance it deserves?

And would he make one for a C5 he had one in the garden undress the ivy :)

Alan

Offline techytype

« Reply #7 on: 09, December, 2010 - 11:06:36 »
if you want to see the full episode which is highly worth it, go o BBC iplayer, look for wallace and grommet.

mind you i do wory about Wallace's state of mind,  in the openning sequece, no risk assesment undertaken, slides down a tube, gives himself a wedgy, then some masacistic under arm hair removal takes place :o

;D ;D ;D
Alan

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 09, December, 2010 - 15:02:26 »
I've met Cedric , he is a really nice bloke to chat with and probably one of the most intelligent blokes walking the planet - no wonder the investors in India are courting him. Apparently he was very badly stitched up business-wise over here ,which is a real shame. Yet another excellent British invention now being funded by foreign investment  :-[