News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: C5 "car cover" , is one available or anyone got any similiar size suggestions  (Read 2893 times)

Offline POZE

• Battery level: 1
Hello!
I keep my C5s under the car port but find that they naturally attract dust and dirt etc.
The stock tonneau and side panels could be used, but i didnt want to leave them on over the winter months as they stretch and get dirty as well.

I was thinking that i will get some of that shiney semi waterproof fabric, pin it and ask the mother in law to sew it up and fit an elasticated bottom or ends etc.

But, does anyone know of anything available? mobility scooter cover? Needs to fit resonably well of course.

If not, i will knock a few up!   Thankyou,

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
Hi I have just used a B&Q large BBQ cover at £15, not the best of shapes but does the job and has a pull cord.

Lance

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
I'm not aware of a tailor made one for the Sinclair C5. But I certainly would be interested in one if someone made a few.

Karl

coverman on here may still offer something along these lines  ;)

....check out the linked topic below;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1984.0
« Last Edit: 18, January, 2012 - 21:29:59 by BooBoo »

Offline POZE

Thanks all for the suggestions.
The idea re the garden chair cover makes sense, right size as well, not what i was after in the end, but a good intermediate idea for the rest of the winter.

Covermans is perfect but id really need 3, i'll message him anyway and get some photos!

Thanks all, really appreciated,  Paul

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
Hi there,
We do tailor outdoor allweather breathable covers for the C5 @ £50 each including VAT. Lead time currently a few working days from order and payment. Anthony.
www.thoroughbred-covers.co.uk 01132 795079

Offline POZE

Thanks Coverman for the reply.
I am though going to try and make one myself, then make 4 more for my C5s if it works out.

If not, i will be in touch with you as the one you sell looks superb!

Thankyou

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
I can supply you with the correct fabric @£8.00/ linear meter + carriage.

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
generic small motorcycle covers can be had for reasonble cost off ebay (it's what i use), but would not suggest for long term due to the mild steel used in the chassis rusting.