News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: forum "signatures"  (Read 4177 times)

Karl

forum "signatures"
« on: 08, November, 2008 - 11:32:32 »
I've been a member of several forum's over the years and some of the users signatures have been amazing - funny,thought provoking or just weird

This rates as one of my favourites, coz its funny and educational - now I understand what torque is  8)

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Whats your favourite ?

Offline motormadmick

• Battery level: 1
Re: forum "signatures"
« Reply #1 on: 08, November, 2008 - 17:39:39 »
I have never understood the terms understeer and oversteer, what is it in real terms?? i can connect with the second bits. Me knocking on a bit driving older machinery, steering was point and aim, and hope that luck comes into this ???

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 09, November, 2008 - 18:46:01 »
I have never understood the terms understeer and oversteer, what is it in real terms??

..imagine you're driving a car around a running track with the intention of deliberately hitting a post fixed upright in the middle of the track on a bend.

When aiming for the post, Understeer would see you miss & go on the outside track of the post.Oversteer would see you miss & go on the inside track of the post

It's a weird way of explaining it, but it works for me  :P

Offline motormadmick

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #3 on: 12, November, 2008 - 14:54:23 »
and knowing my luck, i would get "normal steer" and hit the post :P