News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: BT develops ‘I-Plate’ socket device to speed user broadband connections  (Read 2724 times)

c5martin

The I-Plate (IPlate) was developed by BT to help improve both the speed and stability of ADSL connections, it is thought that as many as 7 out of 10 homes could be set to benefit from this low cost device. BT have designed the device to be easily installed without the assistance of an engineer, meaning almost anyone with a BT NTE5 socket can install the I-Plate themselves!

BT have seen speeds increase by up to 4Mbit, although they admit that 1.5Mbit were found to be more typical in a benchmark survey of 36, 000 filtered lines. Let’s not forget however that the maximum speed of ADSL is 8Mbit, so if you’re already syncing at 8Mbit it won’t go any faster, although it might help improve stability if you experience frequent disconnects or experience a high amount of errors.

The I-Plate works by isolating the bell wire, which acts as an affective aerial for picking up interference from TV’s, lights and other everyday electrical equipment within the home, which then bleeds into the ADSL signal causing disconnects and degrades the broadband speed.

« Last Edit: 09, November, 2008 - 17:59:25 by c5martin »

Karl

you'd never guess you were previously a BT engineer  8) ;D ;)