News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Desperately seeking chassis!!!  (Read 1790 times)

spencerb77

Desperately seeking chassis!!!
« on: 04, March, 2013 - 12:43:20 »
Hi guys
I'm new on here so not sure what to do. I have just been given a beautiful c5 shell and i am desperate to get my hands on a chassis. not too fussed about the condition as will work on it but I have to get this thing up and running as pedal powered to start. If there is anyone out there who wants to get rid of one and it is not too expensive, please let me know. I am in hampshire but am happy to travel (within reason of course). so if anyone has or knows of one please let me know as i really want to restore this lost relic to its former glory.
Thanks in advance guys :)

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: Desperately seeking chassis!!!
« Reply #1 on: 04, March, 2013 - 15:03:30 »
Hi there welcome to the forum .You may have some luck off Karl it may be worth while asking him if he has one spare .
Also if you want any help just ask
Bye Chas

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
« Reply #2 on: 04, March, 2013 - 18:13:26 »
Hi Spencer, you're welcome for the shell, glad to help out  :)

It's not a perfect shell, but for the purpose you've got in mind it should do the job! The show went really well by the way thanks to you and your fantastic staff, I put a couple of photos up of our pair on display in the "Bournemouth Vintage Transport Show" thread in events.

Sorry I can't help out with the chassis, but I do have some spares like Sinclair pedals, wheels and other odds and ends if needed :) Keep us posted if you have any luck etc!

Incidentally, a quick run down of who's who... the main three people (apologies to others!) who everyone relies on are:-

Karl (Booboo) - It's his club and forum, leading light in the C5 world, and great at 'helping out' with little insecurities

Chas (C5 Enthusiast and Restorer) - Actually remakes a lot of unobtainable C5 parts. Has his own forum section that's worth a browse!

Marty - (Radiomarty) - Electronics wizard! Your paths may not cross if there's no motor needed, but where C5 electrics are a work of art, he can repair the things that most mortals would never dare to :)

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
« Reply #3 on: 05, March, 2013 - 23:29:33 »
Bit of luck tonight! I had a chat with a friend of mine, and he's got a local chassis for sale! It's complete with rear hoop (the part that supports the back) and he's only after £30 for it, if that's the sort of price you're happy with?

Best news is that it wouldn't mean much of a journey as he lives in Charminster! Let me know if you're interested and I'll put you in touch :)