News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Battery Drain???  (Read 1811 times)

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
Battery Drain???
« on: 01, April, 2012 - 10:37:38 »
So I've started using my C5s now the weather has improved a little.. Dave, my c5 of choice has started doing something quite strange...

Every battery I put in, no matter if fully charged, brand new, or 'flat' does the following:

1. full bars when turn on (expected behaviour)
2. bars drop down very quickly after 5 - 10 minutes
3. after a bit more use, battery dead, starts alarming and generally being 'low power' and I have to flick it on / off for the rest of the journey to carry on.

So the question is.. is this a fault? or is it just simply the batteries didnt have enough charge in them.

What has got me concerned is that one of the batteries were brand new from a shop. And the old batteries had been drop tested and read 12v.

Answers on a postcard...

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: Battery Drain???
« Reply #1 on: 01, April, 2012 - 11:02:50 »
Would point to a ULA fault bud - try swapping PODS and see what happens.If not it most defo is your battery - i am seeing this with my batteries this year even though they appear to take a good charge it's how rapidly the drop the voltage that the pod is picking up on.
« Last Edit: 01, April, 2012 - 11:08:07 by radiomarty »

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #2 on: 01, April, 2012 - 12:38:26 »
Cheers mate

I will give that a try

My batteries have been charging on trickle for a few days now (rotating them when one reads 'full')

Hopefully as they get used/discharged a few times they will recover.

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #3 on: 01, April, 2012 - 20:46:16 »
Hi there I think you will find that the ULA has packed up ...but do not take it out yet just as others have said try swapping the pods over first Or it could be the red connecter they are prone for bad connections ..Buy Chas