News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: My new Sinclair c5 :)  (Read 3838 times)

Benniz

My new Sinclair c5 :)
« on: 17, May, 2010 - 21:52:21 »
My newest addition :)

I got this C5 from a friend of mine and did not know much about the condition etc so was a bit of a gamble but was really surprised and happy with it :)

Really good condition, frame is excellent only a few tiny spots of rust, all complete with motor, control box, also wing mirrors and indicators!!! charger, straps, battery box,toolkit also came with paperwork and the original thankyou letter when bought which was a nice touch so overall im really pleased.

I put a 12v battery to it and to my surprise it all came to life!! :) lights, indicators work perfectly, however when I tried the motor it worked for around 10-20 seconds then it cuts out and wont work for a while after that,(C5 was raised so there was no resistance or weight) when it does this the lights on the left hand of the pod have one yellow light on each side, does anyone have any idears what is happening here??

So once I sort the motor issues all it needs is a good clean, new set of tires and service and it should be ready to be back on the road again :)

Because this one is so complete and in nice condition I will be keeping it in complete original condition

If anyone can help me with the motor issues I will be much appreciated!

cheers Ben

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: My new Sinclair c5 :)
« Reply #1 on: 18, May, 2010 - 06:46:06 »
Very nice, how many do you have now ? Is this one going to be standard or do you have something else planned for it ?

Retro Andy.

Benniz

« Reply #2 on: 18, May, 2010 - 18:58:09 »
Thanks Andy

I have 3 now, One is my custom vello project, the other is in bits spares/repairs and this one is going to remain totally original and used on special occasions :)

Any idears on the problem I am having with the motor?

I would love to come on some of the runs and meet everyone from the site, my big problem is getting to them, Is there anyone from the dorset area that goes to them I could carpool or do you do them around the dorset area?

Cheers Ben

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #3 on: 18, May, 2010 - 21:36:07 »
I had a asimilar proble with my second one which had been standing in a barn for 15 years.

If the pod is lighting ok, then try the connections to the back of it, i cured my problem by cleaning the pins.

Next time it cuts out try removing the red connctor from the back of the pod and put it back, worth a try.

Have you had a look inside the control box for any obvious problems.

John

Benniz

« Reply #4 on: 19, May, 2010 - 18:33:36 »
Hey John. Thankyou very very much for your suggestion!

I did as you said a hey presto now the pod and motor is working as normal so very happy!

Will it be ok to take out as standard for short runs or should I do anything to it before i do, I dont want to seriously damage it as it is now fully working :)

Thanks again!!

Ben

Benniz

« Reply #5 on: 28, May, 2010 - 06:00:59 »
Some new pics after putting on tires the wing mirrors and a couple of hours scrubbing with cif white lol

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #6 on: 28, May, 2010 - 06:04:28 »
Its come up really nice mate, cif is a wonderful thing  :)

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 28, May, 2010 - 14:26:23 »
A really nice looking c5, done yourself proud there  8)