C5Alive Forum - Archive Section > C5 Chatroom

Stickers / graphics on a C5

(1/3) > >>

minidaz:
Thinking of putting some graphics on the C5 however, from looking at the C5 body, i'm not sure the type of graphics / decals used for cars ( bodywork and glass ) will stick, due to the type of plastic.

I know that you can get stickers to stick, as they come with them, and you also sell them in your shop.

I was just wondering if there is any recommended type of vinyl to use, or is it a case of some do, and some don't ?

Retro Andy:
The decals on the C5 only stick because they are on the areas designed for them, the surface is flat, rather than the rest of the body. So it might not be possible to get some graphics that stay stuck down.

Retro Andy

Karl:
Andy is right, the "normal" stickers fit in designated areas that have a very smooth surface.

I took a Sinclair C5 to a car graphics place once and they said they didn't have anything that would stick, not even stuff meant for dirt bikes.

If you take a look at pictures of "moneypit", it has a small "Union Flag" each side - these came from a sticker kit for a Triumph Motorcycle and are the only stickers I have known to stick to the upper bodyshell of a c5. They are a very thin sticker, not sure what material though. 

minidaz:
That's a bit of a pain ... have to come up with something else instead  ;D

Leeb7613:
Daz,

This is not going to be of much use, but just to confirm what the others said, I havev tried to get stickers, but never suceeded  :'( :'(

Sorry matey!!

Lee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version