News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: The story so far...And a few more questions  (Read 2555 times)

Offline dantheref

• Battery level: 1
  • I used to be indecisive, but now im not so sure
The story so far...And a few more questions
« on: 12, February, 2014 - 20:59:53 »
Hi all,

Been on the forum for a while now and realised i never really introduced myself properly.
My name is Dan and i am based in Oxfordshire and work in Basingstoke. I am a PE teacher and a Football referee...

Anyway...more about my C5 adventures...
I had been looking for a C5 for about 8 years (since i was 15!) when someone posted one on this forum that was local to me last year. I went and had a look and in November last year i took the plunge and finally got a sinclair C5. Since then i have been out at least once a week and have been into Oxford and back a number of times (8 miles one way).

Since i have had the C5 i have got a few extras such as side panels, Chas's chain tensioner and mudflaps. And caught the bug.

I was looking to upgrade my C5 and get hold of mirrors, indicators and the padded seat (back pain after a long ride!!) when Kurt posted his for sale on this forum last week with all of the above on plus anti theft device, cooling fan and a reconditioned control box (i believe it is known as JetPac). I went and had a look on Saturday and Kurt threw in a leisure battery, horn kit, tool kit, C5Alive DVD rom, stickers and waterproof jacket and the deal was sealed! I now have a really well looked (but well used) Sinclair C5 with all the extras...

So thats my story i will attach a picture of them both in a second. I am really enjoying riding them out and about. Its definatly more fun riding with someone else as people are taking more than a double take!!

Before i go i have a few questions, if anyone can help i would be really gratefull:
1. My first C5 makes a clicking noise (think its the belt slipping), i have both modifications on it designed to stop this but neither are working... can anyone reccomend anything else...it stops after i have gained speed..
2. My first C5 seems to have a Pod that has stopped working, it was working at times and when i moved/tapped the control box it worked again, any idea how to fix this?
3. How do i fit Chas' Chain tensioner (pictures would be ace!)
4. Can anyone reccomend a good stand so i can work on my C5 easily?
5. Is anyone based near Oxford, and fancy meeting for a stroll at some point?
6. How do people transport their C5's mine wont fit in the car (boot hole too small), anyone got a pic of how they manage with Roof bars please?

Thanks for your help so far!

Dan

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
Re: The story so far...And a few more questions
« Reply #1 on: 13, February, 2014 - 08:56:48 »
Hi Danny photos sent ..bye Chas